New Hire Classes and Drops

Subscribe
130  180  220  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  234  240  280  330 
Page 230 of 401
Go to
Quote: 50 more today

33x B737 (DCA max 13, EWR/ORD/IAH/SFO/LAX unlimited)
9x A320 (DEN max 2, LAX max 4, EWR/ORD/IAH/SFO unlimited)
8x B777 (SFO)
Thanks for posting. Anyone with a mid to late October CJO have a class date yet? Early Nov CJO here and just trying to guesstimate a potential class date timeline. Gracias.
Quote: Could someone please post drops from today (11/8)? Thanks!
Quote: 12x A320 (DEN max 5, LAX max 4, EWR/ORD/IAH/SFO unlimited)
31x B737 (DCA max 18, EWR/ORD/IAH/LAX/SFO unlimited)
1x B756 (EWR)
2x B777 (SFO)
So if you are coming from a ULCC and already have an A320 rating will United do anything to keep you in the A320? I'm 44 and would rather stay in the A320 but it's not a deal breaker. From reading on here aircraft assignments is based off of the age of the students in the class.
Quote: So if you are coming from a ULCC and already have an A320 rating will United do anything to keep you in the A320? I'm 44 and would rather stay in the A320 but it's not a deal breaker. From reading on here aircraft assignments is based off of the age of the students in the class.
They will do nothing. Your class seniority determines what you get. At 44 you have a decent shot.
Quote: They will do nothing. Your class seniority determines what you get. At 44 you have a decent shot.
as a 320 driver with an interview, 320 flying at UA pales in comparison to 737 flying right? I’ve heard a320 is more regional style flying, more legs per day, worse destinations etc
Quote: Thanks for posting. Anyone with a mid to late October CJO have a class date yet? Early Nov CJO here and just trying to guesstimate a potential class date timeline. Gracias.
Lately the typical timeline has been about 8 weeks from cjo to seniority number. My guess is 10 weeks currently because there are no classes in late December
Quote: as a 320 driver with an interview, 320 flying at UA pales in comparison to 737 flying right? I’ve heard a320 is more regional style flying, more legs per day, worse destinations etc
The 737 does plenty of "regional" style flying as well, but it does more transcons than the 'Bus. That also means more redeyes, for better and for worse. The 321's are coming next year, which will change the make up of the flying, with it taking 757 routes.

Worse destinations are very subjective. The 737 does a lot of Caribbean flying, the 'Bus does none. For me personally, I don't miss it. I did a lot of that kind of flying in my past life, and I had my fill. I'd rather have a nice quiet evening in Kansas City with a ribeye for dinner. Now get off my lawn!
Quote: as a 320 driver with an interview, 320 flying at UA pales in comparison to 737 flying right? I’ve heard a320 is more regional style flying, more legs per day, worse destinations etc
Mostly true, although the destinations piece is subjective. No island overnights, but it's not like Austins/Bozemans/Indianapolis's are terrible either. The new 321's that will be delivered in the next year are supposed to replace the 757's which should get some truly great destinations, but those trips will probably be pretty senior for a while.
Just to throw it out there- but..
those 75 replacement 321’s aren’t coming next year. Last word I’ve heard is they are pushed back towards late ‘24.
Hopefully at the next investor conference someone from our leadership gets that question “when are the A321’s coming and are they a direct B757 replacement”?
I still believe that by 2024 we will see an Airbus base at BOS..

Many think that when the company announces the new base(s), they have to happen simultaneously, immediately.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they announced a few with another in the waiting room.. and one opening in the new year, the next one a few months later.

Guess we’ll know soon.

Till then, all we can do is deal with our current bases, contract and fleet!

Always
Motch

ps) just to add..
https://onemileatatime.com/news/united-a321xlr-polaris-premium-plus/
Quote: Lately the typical timeline has been about 8 weeks from cjo to seniority number. My guess is 10 weeks currently because there are no classes in late December
copy, thanks! That’s helpful. Happy Xmas and holidays to all!
Has there been anymore said recently about the potential new bases during RGS/upgrades or any indications toward decision timelines?

Quote: Just to throw it out there- but..
those 75 replacement 321’s aren’t coming next year. Last word I’ve heard is they are pushed back towards late ‘24.
Hopefully at the next investor conference someone from our leadership gets that question “when are the A321’s coming and are they a direct B757 replacement”?
I still believe that by 2024 we will see an Airbus base at BOS..

Many think that when the company announces the new base(s), they have to happen simultaneously, immediately.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they announced a few with another in the waiting room.. and one opening in the new year, the next one a few months later.

Guess we’ll know soon.

Till then, all we can do is deal with our current bases, contract and fleet!

Always
Motch

ps) just to add..
https://onemileatatime.com/news/unit...-premium-plus/
130  180  220  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  234  240  280  330 
Page 230 of 401
Go to