New Hire Classes and Drops

Subscribe
30  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  50  90  140 
Page 40 of 401
Go to
How long are you allowed to bid for a different base (in the same fleet, of course)? Is there such thing as a "base-lock"? Thanks.
There is no base lock. You can bid for any base anytime.

Quote: How long are you allowed to bid for a different base (in the same fleet, of course)? Is there such thing as a "base-lock"? Thanks.
Quote: No minimum 73 and bus requirement like the last class? Interesting how they do that, kinda screws the 20 or whatever pilots that got forced in to the Airbus that may have wanted the 73 and are stuck for 2 yrs
Getting forced into the airbus as a new hire... funny how fast the perspective changes. I can think of worse places to get forced.
Quote: Getting forced into the airbus as a new hire... funny how fast the perspective changes. I can think of worse places to get forced.
They can also wait for the next class and see how that works out..
Quote: No minimum 73 and bus requirement like the last class? Interesting how they do that, kinda screws the 20 or whatever pilots that got forced in to the Airbus that may have wanted the 73 and are stuck for 2 yrs
I’m sure there’s thousands of guys not on property that would trade place with ya to fly a 737/320......you must be one of those lucky CPP folks
Quote: I’m sure there’s thousands of guys not on property that would trade place with ya to fly a 737/320......you must be one of those lucky CPP folks
Well if the class that started after him
has junior pilots that were given a choice and he wasn’t, I can understand a bit of the frustration. I was strong armed into the 756 in the new hire while a class or 2 after mine didn’t have the 57. Oh well... those guys
Quote: Getting forced into the airbus as a new hire... funny how fast the perspective changes. I can think of worse places to get forced.
Seriously. When I was a new hire, if I'd been assigned a shoebox with wings and a United logo I'd have been happier than a pig rolling in ****.

I ended up on the ultraguppy so it was pretty close.
It seems like a fair number of the early draft picks took LAX. Is there any reason for that? Nice place to live maybe?

If you had the same choices from the 9/11 class and you had to commute through IAH, what would be your top 2 or 3 picks, and why?
How many letters of rec did most applicants have? I’m at 2, a job fair and up to date on airlineapps with some consulting done to my app. 7000tt, 3000 tpic, heavy time and mostly international. All 121. Trying to gauge my competitiveness and see what else I can do to get a call.
Quote: It seems like a fair number of the early draft picks took LAX. Is there any reason for that? Nice place to live maybe?

If you had the same choices from the 9/11 class and you had to commute through IAH, what would be your top 2 or 3 picks, and why?
Houston is a pain in the ass to commute from, period. I'm SFO based and 99.9% of the time, commute from Austin. However, this one time at band camp, there were approx 69 folks on the commute list - and I was #57, with 7 folks listed for the JS in front of me.

From what I could tell, this was consistent to LAX as well.

No thanks...
30  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  50  90  140 
Page 40 of 401
Go to