Atlas / Southern

Subscribe
33  73  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  93  133  183 
Page 83 of 326
Go to
Quote: Guess you’re on of those guys that doesn’t check before they apply.
Was the pay scale a closely guarded secret when you interviewed?
Nah, didn’t think so.
actually in 2011 the pay scale was higher than all of the PAX carriers wide body rates, and a dollar above the average of all industry average wide body rates (UPS and FedEx were the highest) At that time it was a respectable job.

I really believed in the place and got behind some special projects and gave 110%. I would say around 2015 something changed culturally. I imagine there is plenty of blame to pass around but I place a lot of it on Amazon, DHL, and JD.
Quote: with low time- no.
I know quite a few 1,500 guys with interviews lined up, I would imagine all are for the 737 though. If you are good enough to fly a ERJ or CRJ, why not a 737. 777 and international Ops, whole different animal I guess.
Quote: actually in 2011 the pay scale was higher than all of the PAX carriers wide body rates, and a dollar above the average of all industry average wide body rates (UPS and FedEx were the highest) At that time it was a respectable job.

I really believed in the place and got behind some special projects and gave 110%. I would say around 2015 something changed culturally. I imagine there is plenty of blame to pass around but I place a lot of it on Amazon, DHL, and JD.
Blaming Amazon , DHL and JD is like blaming your copilot for your bad landing.
Quote: I know quite a few 1,500 guys with interviews lined up, I would imagine all are for the 737 though. If you are good enough to fly a ERJ or CRJ, why not a 737. 777 and international Ops, whole different animal I guess.
1500 hours would of been perfect 2 months ago.

I’m sure HR has plenty of apps. I’ve heard they interviewed nearly 200 last week.

HR will choose whom they feel will be the best fit now and for the future. Any training issues- you’re out. Guaranteed.

The avg new hire time over the years has been around the 5k mark- obviously there are always exceptions.

good luck and study hard.
If you’re applying with anything more than Caravan and/or Beech1900 time you’re over-qualified.
Quote:
Any training issues- you’re out. Guaranteed.
That fact is actually comforting because, well ya know.
Quote: If you’re applying with anything more than Caravan and/or Beech1900 time you’re over-qualified.
The funny thing is JackStraw would be “overqualified” and probably just a bit rusty to go back and fly a C208 or BE1900. It’s cuts both ways Mr Whale Driver.
I think the golden rule of our industry is that pilots help pilots. Atlas isn’t perfect, no airline is. Definitely do your homework before you sign on the dotted line. Even in a perfect world ACMI isn’t for everyone. Not because you need a gold star on your pilots license to do it, but it is a different animal. If anyone has questions please reach out. There’s a lot of hurting aviators out there.

-blink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: The funny thing is JackStraw would be “overqualified” and probably just a bit rusty to go back and fly a C208 or BE1900. It’s cuts both ways Mr Whale Driver.
You got me so good.
Is Atlas still hiring as of 3/30?
Asking for a friend..
33  73  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  93  133  183 
Page 83 of 326
Go to