Hiring / training

Subscribe
15  65  105  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  125  165  215 
Page 115 of 451
Go to
Quote: I just got an invite for an interview. Its been awhile since I've updated my app. I'm 56 but would eventually like to move to Denver. I've been at a good regional for 19 years, live in base which is my home town, and make $160K a year if I credit a 100 hours each month. I'm just starting to do my research on Frontier. Is it worth it at my age to leave for F9?
After year one it’s really easy to make over 160k and have a great schedule if you don’t mind staying in the right seat. QOL of our flying vs. regional flying is night and day if you came to F9 I would highly doubt you would regret the decision I can’t say the same about staying where you’re at.
Thanks for everyone's replies. I really appreciate it.

Is there a good gouge or reference to prepare for a F9 interview, or RST Frontier type Facebook groups out there?

Maybe Frontier will open a MSP base someday.
Quote: Thanks for everyone's replies. I really appreciate it.

Is there a good gouge or reference to prepare for a F9 interview, or RST Frontier type Facebook groups out there?

Lori Clark with Fly the Line and aviation interviews.com
Quote: Thanks for everyone's replies. I really appreciate it.

sheppard air for the test prep Only need the airline interview perp course 45$ I believe....and http://aviationinterviews.com/ for interview info. Everything you need to know is there. thats really all you need...good luck
Quote: After year one it’s really easy to make over 160k and have a great schedule if you don’t mind staying in the right seat. QOL of our flying vs. regional flying is night and day if you came to F9 I would highly doubt you would regret the decision I can’t say the same about staying where you’re at.
Forgive my ignorance if I am missing something here, but how is it really easy to make over $160k and have a great schedule with year two pay at $108 and year three at $116/ hr.

Even crediting 100 hours/month and including the DC of 14%, it seems like a stretch.
Quote: Forgive my ignorance if I am missing something here, but how is it really easy to make over $160k and have a great schedule with year two pay at $108 and year three at $116/ hr.

Even crediting 100 hours/month and including the DC of 14%, it seems like a stretch.
Personally I don't like including the DC...but I can understand why it would be. So with 14% DC at $108 an hour its an average of 102 credit hours/mo + monthly credit over pay which puts it at 107. Figure 2 weeks of vacation worth 35hrs each after PBS, That brings the 102 needed per month down to about 96. With average line value around 78hrs and 15 days off, its not hard to find an extra 18hrs to fit in there. It's just whether you care to or not. I suppose some are factoring in a couple grand in per diem also? Personally I'd rather not work that hard, but its definitely not "difficult" to make 160+ on 2nd year.
Quote: Forgive my ignorance if I am missing something here, but how is it really easy to make over $160k and have a great schedule with year two pay at $108 and year three at $116/ hr.

The pay scales go up every March, the numbers you reference will change in a couple weeks.

A pilot starting class this March would be making $124/hr once they start year 3 (2 years of service). If they consistently credit 100 hours per month that’s around 105 hours of pay credit including the 25% override after 82 hours. Just shy of $160k per year and you don’t even have to use that fuzzy math of including DC or per diem.

That being said, crediting 100 hours per month isn’t sustainable in my mind but to each their own. Plenty do more when they’re married to the premium folder alerts.
Quote: The pay scales go up every March, the numbers you reference will change in a couple weeks.

A pilot starting class this March would be making $124/hr once they start year 3 (2 years of service). If they consistently credit 100 hours per month that’s around 105 hours of pay credit including the 25% override after 82 hours. Just shy of $160k per year and you don’t even have to use that fuzzy math of including DC or per diem.

That being said, crediting 100 hours per month isn’t sustainable in my mind but to each their own. Plenty do more when they’re married to the premium folder alerts.
i would disagree, not only is 100 hours a month sustainable, it is very easy, especially if you live in domicile. In fairness, it might be more correct to say 1200 hours for the year because you might not credit 100 every month although it is entirely possible.
i typically average 1500 credit hours a year, and I don’t kill myself doing it. I work 2 of my 4 vacation weeks, grab an occasional PAF trip and I commute. If you live in domicile and it isn’t DEN, the PAF flying has been crazy and very lucrative.
the guys who live on flica are crediting 2500 hours a year, but they are killing themselves doing it.
Quote: I just got an invite for an interview. Its been awhile since I've updated my app. I'm 56 but would eventually like to move to Denver. I've been at a good regional for 19 years, live in base which is my home town, and make $160K a year if I credit a 100 hours each month. I'm just starting to do my research on Frontier. Is it worth it at my age to leave for F9?
Financially it makes sense. You’ll have to ask yourself if you’re ready to be a new hire first officer again after all those years as a captain. Could be quite the challenge IMHO .
This easily doing 100 credit hours a month stuff needs tamping down. You're at most getting 12 days off, but probably less. You have to be lucky or good (with a bot haha) to get premium trips to pile on the credit.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but make no mistake, you wont be home, even if you drive to work. Let's not act like every trip in open time is super efficient.

In before "bro, I credit 100 with 18 days off"
15  65  105  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  125  165  215 
Page 115 of 451
Go to