Hiring / training

Subscribe
217  267  307  313  314  315  316  317  318  319  320  321  327  367  417 
Page 317 of 451
Go to
Quote: I know a few Canadians with FAA ATPs who would come work in the USA given the chance. All with 5-6k+ hours, command experience etc. Could be that certain airlines know upgrades are going to end up going to new hires pretty soon (already happening at DAL) and positioning themselves to find pilots with 320/737 command time? Who knows.
With the 121 time required to upgrade non FAA PIC time doesn’t gain you anything other than experience. Seniority based upgrades aren’t going away.

Having pilots on a work visa is an advantage to employers that have turnover problems because they can’t jump ship to another airline… unless that airline takes over sponsorship which can be a pain.
Instructors
Speaking of training. Does Frontier use instructors who are line pilots also or is it mostly full timers? Also does anyone know what the instructor schedule and pay is like at F9? Thanks guys.
Most instructors are line pilots, but there are contract instructors too. All check airman are current or former Frontier Captains by contractual requirement. The schedule/pay is different depending on whether you’re a contract or line pilot instructor.
Quote: Does anyone know how interviews post MTC works? For Orlando it says a select few individuals will interview the following day. Do you have to be invited to interview before the event? Or in theory if they like you they’ll say come back tomorrow for your interview?
Bump this question. I’m also curious as I will be attending the MTC coming up.
Quote: Bump this question. I’m also curious as I will be attending the MTC coming up.
Candidates for interview on the 10th will be largely selected from those who attend the MTC on the 9th.
What’s up guys!

Just got the CJO last week and am excited to be joining F9! I heard that you can request to be put in an earlier class if someone drops, but I can’t for the life of me remember who I’m supposed to email to request this.

TIA
Quote: Most instructors are line pilots, but there are contract instructors too. All check airman are current or former Frontier Captains by contractual requirement. The schedule/pay is different depending on whether you’re a contract or line pilot instructor.

Appreciate the reply and information. Good to know that line pilots are also teaching the SIM. How often do those guys rotate between SIM and the Line?
Quote: What’s up guys!

Just got the CJO last week and am excited to be joining F9! I heard that you can request to be put in an earlier class if someone drops, but I can’t for the life of me remember who I’m supposed to email to request this.

TIA
If I remember correctly when my group and I got our CJOs, we were told we wouldn't hear a thing for at least three weeks...It was pretty close to 3 weeks and I got the email with a choice of August/September. In that email it stated you could make yourself available for anything earlier...
Quote: Good to know that line pilots are also teaching the SIM. How often do those guys rotate between SIM and the Line?
The vast majority of our instructors are line flying pilots but theres a few contract and retired guys.

I'd guess on average the instructors do two months in the sim and one month on the line if the training dept is busy like it is now
These people collecting a fee for finding pilots?
https://pilotsdb.brookfieldav.com/job/00660/Visa-Sponsorship-for-A320-NTR---TR-First-Officers-to-work-in-US
217  267  307  313  314  315  316  317  318  319  320  321  327  367  417 
Page 317 of 451
Go to