Search
Notices

Hiring / training

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 04:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: wing-walker

Does anyone have intel on how long the process takes from being placed in the pool to receiving a class date?
Old 11-16-2022, 05:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2019

Originally Posted by BoilerWings View Post
Does anyone have intel on how long the process takes from being placed in the pool to receiving a class date?

Too late for Nov class, so they won’t be in any huge hurry. Probably 1-2 weeks for background check to clear.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:16 PM
I Pass the Butter

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by planejoe View Post
Has anyone from PHX MTC on 11/11 heard anything yet? TIA. If not, please post when you do
Anyone heard back from the 11/11 MTC? Or past events, how long did you get an invite or TBNT? Buddy is still waiting to hear, after being told to expect an invite. Maybe a longer wait due to the holiday coming up?
Old 11-21-2022, 01:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2021
Position: Joystick Operator

Originally Posted by brocklee9000 View Post
Anyone heard back from the 11/11 MTC? Or past events, how long did you get an invite or TBNT? Buddy is still waiting to hear, after being told to expect an invite. Maybe a longer wait due to the holiday coming up?
Back when I did mine, I heard back within 4 days. Some people waited a couple weeks.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:43 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2022

Does anybody know if it is possible to get an CJO or at least an interview with less than 500 turbine/121 hours? Currently, I'm at 250 turbine hours at my regional with a full ATP
Old 11-21-2022, 04:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2022

Received assessment 1 week after 11/11 MTC and interview invite shortly after that was submitted.

I think there were 50-75 people there so I'm sure they have their hands full. Don't know how they sort it. The new rotor program is being launched and the HR people said they were also busy with that.
Old 11-22-2022, 07:40 PM
Lives in Base

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by Flaps1 View Post
Does anybody know if it is possible to get an CJO or at least an interview with less than 500 turbine/121 hours? Currently, I'm at 250 turbine hours at my regional with a full ATP
Yes.

filler
Old 12-16-2022, 10:10 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2022

Per aviationintervews. New record? That's one way to retain pilots. Good for them! That's lower than my regional hiring mins are.

Old 12-17-2022, 05:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

A benefits question. Just reading over the benefits guide they sent over.

What is the parking situation like? Pass in base? Reimbursement (in full or just a partial set amount per month)? None at all, find your own offsite parking?

Related, I saw there’s a FSA for parking and one for transit. That’s a new one for me. Anybody use the Parking FSA?
Frontier gives you your choice of a parking pass in base or $36(?) - which is what I believe it costs to park in DEN. I commute so I use the Parking HSA to pay for my parking at home and then have an airport car in base which I use the company provided parking pass for. HSA Bank sends you a credit card that you can use to pay for parking where you choose unless you park at a hotel or something, then you have to upload the receipts into the app and they send you a check or direct deposit to your bank account. LAS parking is in the garage attached to the terminal and you can walk to the airplane in minutes if you are going to the E Gates, it's the best setup in the system. They give a ticket for parking over two weeks straight and have license plate readers, I haven't gotten that ticket yet but it's only a matter of time... Denver has Airside and Landside, I'm not sure what's happening with all that at the moment but on the airside you clear TSA and then the buses take you straight to the terminal which - if that hasn't changed - is pretty dang cool. ATL was a disaster with Peachy Parking, but that has changed and hopefully for the better. MIA is a massive parking lot that floods in some places so watch out, park on high ground. The buses are pretty regular but can get pretty full at shift change. You have to get a parking sticker in MIA and they fine you if your car has been in the same spot for something like two weeks, maybe three. It's a $36 ticket for that infraction. That's what I know, if I've posted old info some please set it straight. Welcome to Frontier and thanks for the post about Brad's delusion. It's always interesting to hear what they are telling our new pilots as well as those in recurrent training.
Old 12-17-2022, 06:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2021

Originally Posted by immolated View Post
Per aviationintervews. New record? That's one way to retain pilots. Good for them! That's lower than my regional hiring mins are.
What’s the context?