Hiring / training

Subscribe
250  300  340  346  347  348  349  350  351  352  353  354  360  400  450 
Page 350 of 451
Go to
Am I correct in saying there is no “day off” pay when picking up premium, it’s straight 150% of the block?
150% of whatever the credit value for the trip is, which could be more than block if they add incentive pay or any rigs apply. you don’t get “delay into a day off pay” since it isn’t a delay into a day off. You also get 125% for all elective credit hours over 82 on top of the premium pay.
Quote: 150% of whatever the credit value for the trip is, which could be more than block if they add incentive pay or any rigs apply. you don’t get “delay into a day off pay” since it isn’t a delay into a day off.
Thank you for the quick reply!
Quote: Thank you for the quick reply!
Keep in mind, premium is pretty much a thing of the past. It's virtually nonexistent these days. Not to mention, there are approximately three pilots who apparently have nothing better to do than stare at FLICA all day and grab any trip that pops in to the premium pot. So even if you wanted to do it, one of those will probably beat you to it.
I do remember that thread that was on here not too long ago stating premium was pretty much dry. Some guys have all the time in the world…sigh…
Noticed on FFTpilots that the latest class only got 40 people with 50-60 planned. F9 starting to struggle to fill classes?
Quote: Noticed on FFTpilots that the latest class only got 40 people with 50-60 planned. F9 starting to struggle to fill classes?
“We are now offering a $75,000 bonus to new hires!” You heard it here first.
Quote: Noticed on FFTpilots that the latest class only got 40 people with 50-60 planned. F9 starting to struggle to fill classes?
I’d wait until we see several months in a row of classes not meeting planned capacity to make such a statement. I’m not saying that it may not be the case, but this movie has been played over and over before. Single class falls short of planned numbers - Pilot Facebook page and APC blows up that we can’t fill classes and it’s time to dust off the resumes because we’re all screwed - Next class is back at planned numbers.

The next 2-3 classes will be telling. In any case, the hotels, the increasing “bonuses”. I’d imagine we’re getting towards the bottom. I guess it’s just a question of “when?”.
Ya Togalock is right. Statistically 1 time does not constitute a trend. Looking backwards in time class sizes were 50, 56, 51, 55, 57, 47. The same thing happened when no upgrades were announced one month. Since then they have continued in the 10-20 range as expected. With that said I am watching this closely as I am very curious how long our contract negotiations will take this time around and the size of the new hire class and amount of people leaving each month will have a huge impact on that. Personally I think retention is the much bigger issue than class size. We’ve lost Jan-18, Dec-22, 15, 16, 22, 14, 26, June-30 since I have really started keeping track.
Quote: I’d wait until we see several months in a row of classes not meeting planned capacity to make such a statement. I’m not saying that it may not be the case, but this movie has been played over and over before. Single class falls short of planned numbers - Pilot Facebook page and APC blows up that we can’t fill classes and it’s time to dust off the resumes because we’re all screwed - Next class is back at planned numbers.

The next 2-3 classes will be telling. In any case, the hotels, the increasing “bonuses”. I’d imagine we’re getting towards the bottom. I guess it’s just a question of “when?”.
Realistically it is the expected direction though. Unless you have deep roots in one of our bases that another airline doesn’t have,,,why come here? On that same note the FL bases I hear new hires can no longer get for a while.
250  300  340  346  347  348  349  350  351  352  353  354  360  400  450 
Page 350 of 451
Go to