Pilots bad. Pilots greedy. Union bad.

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 
Page 15 of 24
Go to
Quote: I agree. We each need to maximize our income and savings right now. If the most recent Chairman’s Letter is accurate an ALV reduction will only buy a few days of black ink.

There’s nothing we can do that would facilitate an appreciable cost-savings. This is a revenue problem. May as well make as much coin as possible on the way to the displacement/furlough line. If the last experience with C11 taught us anything any sacrifices now will be forgotten and any agreements now will be shredded.

Our future is in the paws of lab rats and politicians.

-not sure which of those two I prefer!!
Quote: -not sure which of those two I prefer!!
Lab rats. A vaccine is what we need.
Quote: Lab rats. A vaccine is what we need.
Even at the most accelerated timeline, a vaccine "candidate" wouldn't be available for 18 months, after that, facilities have to be constructed to produce the vaccine in quantity, with acceptable quality control. This process normally takes an entire decade. Using all resources, and having phenomenal luck on our side, there could be a vaccine in 2025.
Quote: Even at the most accelerated timeline, a vaccine "candidate" wouldn't be available for 18 months, after that, facilities have to be constructed to produce the vaccine in quantity, with acceptable quality control. This process normally takes an entire decade. Using all resources, and having phenomenal luck on our side, there could be a vaccine in 2025.
With the whole world working on this a fix is imminent
Quote: Even at the most accelerated timeline, a vaccine "candidate" wouldn't be available for 18 months, after that, facilities have to be constructed to produce the vaccine in quantity, with acceptable quality control. This process normally takes an entire decade. Using all resources, and having phenomenal luck on our side, there could be a vaccine in 2025.
I would bet a beer on us having a vaccination starting deployment 12 months from now. Or sooner.
Quote: I would bet a beer on us having a vaccination starting deployment 12 months from now. Or sooner.
And even if they don’t, there’s been work on some drugs that block the coronavirus from attaching to the lung cells. That could be a possible avenue as well. The main avenue of death has been those who develop pneumonia. If we can prevent the virus from producing pneumonia, I’d consider that a victory. If you want to see an interesting chart on a virus (polio) check this one out. Decades upon decades for a working vaccine. The reason i mention it though: Life went on during those decades. Which included the great depression. I’m not downplaying this coronavirus one bit, just saying, life will go on.

Polio virus history
Quote: I would bet a beer on us having a vaccination starting deployment 12 months from now. Or sooner.
They have been working on a coronavirus vaccine since 1964, this is the year huh?
Quote: They have been working on a coronavirus vaccine since 1964, this is the year huh?
Well if a beer is too rich for you we could just settle on a cup of coffee.
Seriously, the CV is a flu variant, and yes they have been working on vaccines every year for the flu, sometimes they get it right and sometimes they miss. Point is EVERYONE who does this is working on it, and there are currently many vaccines in early emergency clinical trials right now. I won’t bet against our scientists. Doesn’t mean the virus can’t mutate like the flu does, but it’s worth a bet of a beer or cup of Joe. You see, I am a glass half full guy.
Quote: Well if a beer is too rich for you we could just settle on a cup of coffee.
Seriously, the CV is a flu variant, and yes they have been working on vaccines every year for the flu, sometimes they get it right and sometimes they miss. Point is EVERYONE who does this is working on it, and there are currently many vaccines in early emergency clinical trials right now. I won’t bet against our scientists. Doesn’t mean the virus can’t mutate like the flu does, but it’s worth a bet of a beer or cup of Joe. You see, I am a glass half full guy.
What I'm trying to say is that, there is nothing we can do to stop this virus. We must restart the economy right now, and ignore it. Herd immunity is the best path. This lockdown won't buy us the necessary time to get a vaccine, or even a valid treatment. We can go with the mix of malaria drugs, and antivirals, then hope for the best.
Quote: What I'm trying to say is that, there is nothing we can do to stop this virus. We must restart the economy right now, and ignore it. Herd immunity is the best path. This lockdown won't buy us the necessary time to get a vaccine, or even a valid treatment. We can go with the mix of malaria drugs, and antivirals, then hope for the best.
No... that is absolutely wrong.
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 
Page 15 of 24
Go to