Future of United Express

Subscribe
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26 
Page 16 of 34
Go to
Quote: Compass and TSA would beg to differ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No. Different issues. They were already on the ropes pre-COVID.
My example was succinct, but it really depends on the (presumably confidential) contract details with each regional. I don’t think United would hesitate for a second to leverage any contractual leverage to conserve cash, even if a court might disagree 8 years later
Quote: From what I gathered;

Trans states shut down mostly due to an inability to staff their flying and general mismanagement. They went to United and asked for some flexibility and United said no. That’s very different than United unilaterally pulling out of a contract.

Compass’ Delta flying contract expired and they were unable to secure enough flying to be a viable airline. Again, an expiration is much different than pulling out of a contract early.

That’s my take on it anyway. Let me know if I misunderstood something.
nope. You’re spot on. People like to be dramatic, and claim, it was Covid, or that mean ol united pulled the contract. The writing was on the wall for both of them months before they folded.
Quote: My example was succinct, but it really depends on the (presumably confidential) contract details with each regional. I don’t think United would hesitate for a second to leverage any contractual leverage to conserve cash, even if a court might disagree 8 years later
UA has played loose and fast with FFD contract language before, it is in their genetics.
Quote: You can’t just hand wave away a contract though....
Unless you own/control the regional you’re trying to mothball.
force majeure
Quote: No. Different issues. They were already on the ropes pre-COVID.

TSA perhaps. Compass was a force majeure clause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
United has an earnings and conference call tomorrow and will likely explain who will operate what after 9/30.
Quote: United has an earnings and conference call tomorrow and will likely explain who will operate what after 9/30.
I think it's too soon for that. I don't believe Kirby has given up on scope relief. Once he finally capitulates (or TI does, but that isn't my bet) then you will see the plan for UAX. Revenue share for EAS sounds right. Not sure about anything else.
Quote: I think it's too soon for that. I don't believe Kirby has given up on scope relief. Once he finally capitulates (or TI does, but that isn't my bet) then you will see the plan for UAX. Revenue share for EAS sounds right. Not sure about anything else.
agreed. No way he’s laying out any plans for 2+ months from now with things as fluid as they still are.
Quote: I think it's too soon for that. I don't believe Kirby has given up on scope relief. Once he finally capitulates (or TI does, but that isn't my bet) then you will see the plan for UAX. Revenue share for EAS sounds right. Not sure about anything else.
At this point any scope relief or even status quo grace would include United pilots.
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26 
Page 16 of 34
Go to