Hundreds of cancellations

Subscribe
41  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  61  101 
Page 51 of 142
Go to
Quote: The NE was nasty on Friday.
And somehow United did substantially better than we did even though they have major hubs in EWR and IAD?
Quote: And somehow United did substantially better than we did even though they have major hubs in EWR and IAD?
Not excusing our own self induced fiasco of an operation at the moment...but your implied inference with regards to weather is way too simplistic.
Quote: They blame the cancellations on weather and ATC? Nobody from the press bothered to ask them exactly where the weather is?

Down here in Newnan the weather has been fantastic and I don’t recall seeing any major storms anywhere.
I mean this in the lightest spirit possible, I swear! That may be the most passenger thing ever said All in good fun. In honesty, ZNY was a mess all weekend despite the WX being not terribly bad. The NY ATC reaction to anything in Cleveland and/or DC centers (and vice versa), let alone their own is always way over the top. It DID drive some of the cancellations due to displaced crews stemming from diversions, equipment scattered all over the lower 48, duty limitations..etc. That said...once AGAIN, we have proven to be the least nimble and least forward thinking airline in the US. I have no idea why UA did better than us, they are very obviously doing something we aren't and we never...EVER seem to learn from our mistakes. After action just isn't our thing. I'd agree with the local weather, everything in the bubble was also fantastic.
Quote: I mean this in the lightest spirit possible, I swear! That may be the most passenger thing ever said All in good fun. In honesty, ZNY was a mess all weekend despite the WX being not terribly bad. The NY ATC reaction to anything in Cleveland and/or DC centers (and vice versa), let alone their own is always way over the top. It DID drive some of the cancellations due to displaced crews stemming from diversions, equipment scattered all over the lower 48, duty limitations..etc. That said...once AGAIN, we have proven to be the least nimble and least forward thinking airline in the US. I have no idea why UA did better than us, they are very obviously doing something we aren't and we never...EVER seem to learn from our mistakes. After action just isn't our thing. I'd agree with the local weather, everything in the bubble was also fantastic.
Quote: this^^^^^ He came to a few LCP meetings over the years, and you could tell he was far more like Mr Anderson than Ed.
poor Bill
Snoop around and see how and why he left. You will dislike Ed even more.
Quote: poor Bill
Snoop where? Just spill the beans!
Quote: The NE was nasty on Friday.
Any yet Delta has the lions share of cancelations with its biggest base in ATL.
Quote: poor Bill
I don’t know any top men. Can you expound?
Quote: Any yet Delta has the lions share of cancelations with its biggest base in ATL.
If you don’t understand how issues at one base roll into other bases with a cascading effect what can I say. ATL always as a 360 degree hub that is by far the largest in the system gets a outsized impact.
Quote: Snoop where? Just spill the beans!
I know absolutely nothing about his reason for leaving, but based on where he went, I’ll hazard a guess that his moral compass was pointing away from Delta.
41  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  61  101 
Page 51 of 142
Go to