Comair updates?

Subscribe
149  649  1049  1099  1139  1145  1146  1147  1148  1149  1150  1151  1152  1153  1159  1199  1249  1649  2149 
Page 1149 of 2260
Go to
Disregard.......
Quote: I wonder if Comair could raise some money by selling ATP rides in the CVG sim to their own FOs? Rather than pay $1800 to do it up in Maine, just pay your sim instructor a grand and do the ATP/CL-65 type after your recurrent sim. The company makes money, the sims get used, the check instructor doesn't have to go back to the line, and the FO has twice the aviation job opportunities open to him, even if many are corporate or overseas.

It would be a reach to say the FO could be allowed to payroll-deduct the cost at $20/paycheck...

Or is this thinking too far out-of-the-box?
Your check ride (and recurrent) are to ATP standards. They just don't want to give you a ATP PIC rating, because they know you will leave and go somewhere else....so they hold your written for 10 years when you can finally upgrade.
When has Comair (as a wholly owned) ever done anything to help anyone but themselves?
Quote: Profit? What's that?
That's what Comair produces despite having 30 airframes sitting around not being used, while they complain about how much money their pilots earn.
Quote: That's what Comair produces despite having 30 airframes sitting around not being used, while they complain about how much money their pilots earn.
I've heard JB said he isn't looking for more cuts from the pilots because he knows we took our concessions during the bankruptcy. Who thinks this is true?
Quote: I dropped nearly 85 spots....***???
I moved up 23 spots....does this mean I can stay now? I was 11 on the latest F-list, so now I must be 12 from the bottom of the pilots staying

It's ok, really....I'd rather not be on the bottom, on reserve, and traveling to the Nasty to sit in that awful trailer
Quote: It's ok, really....I'd rather not be on the bottom, on reserve, and traveling to the Nasty to sit in that awful trailer
They canceled the base transfer from JFK to CVG for the bottom 5 or 6 guys but never told them about it. Nothing like those guys starting to lineup crash-pads and airport cars for a Feb 1st start in CVG and then finding out (on your own) that they changed the displacement bid but never told anyone about it.
Quote: I moved up 23 spots....does this mean I can stay now? I was 11 on the latest F-list, so now I must be 12 from the bottom of the pilots staying

It's ok, really....I'd rather not be on the bottom, on reserve, and traveling to the Nasty to sit in that awful trailer
I'd trade ya in a heartbeat. But then again, I was born and raised in Cincy.
Quote: Your check ride (and recurrent) are to ATP standards. They just don't want to give you a ATP PIC rating, because they know you will leave and go somewhere else....so they hold your written for 10 years when you can finally upgrade.
When has Comair (as a wholly owned) ever done anything to help anyone but themselves?
I'm sorry, your post sounded like Comair wants to keep its pilots.

I'm not talking about newhires, but rather the more expensive 4th-8th year FOs who would have options with an ATP/type.
Quote: I'd trade ya in a heartbeat. But then again, I was born and raised in Cincy.
Well, one good thing about living in Cincy...it probably motivated you to get an airline job that allowed you to travel AWAY from Cincy! I guess Cincy is ok.....in moderation

Still, after almost two years as a line holder, I am just not that motivated about sitting on reserve as an FO
Quote: I'm sorry, your post sounded like Comair wants to keep its pilots.

I'm not talking about newhires, but rather the more expensive 4th-8th year FOs who would have options with an ATP/type.
Oh yeah it does! Sorry! What I meant was that they want you to become a low time (in company) captain, so they can sit you on 6 RR a month (paying you a fraction of that time spent in the CL) and keep you in a cp the other 14 days a month.

Sound more like OH now?
149  649  1049  1099  1139  1145  1146  1147  1148  1149  1150  1151  1152  1153  1159  1199  1249  1649  2149 
Page 1149 of 2260
Go to