Comair updates?

Subscribe
371  771  821  861  867  868  869  870  871  872  873  874  875  881  921  971  1371  1871 
Page 871 of 2260
Go to
try to release early. some of the schedulers are sympathetic today and they let me go early.
Old remote is packed with aircraft. No more room to park them. I guess CS said that there are only 1000 passengers coming through CVG on Comair today.
Quote: Old remote is packed with aircraft. No more room to park them. I guess CS said that there are only 1000 passengers coming through CVG on Comair today.
so in other words, a good time to non rev someplace and get the hell out of Cincicrapi?
Quote: Old remote is packed with aircraft. No more room to park them. I guess CS said that there are only 1000 passengers coming through CVG on Comair today.
And how many thousand on Pinnacle, ASA, Fredum, and Shaniqua?

Those guys are headed for a real kick in the teeth when Delta shuts down CVG on them!
Quote: And how many thousand on Pinnacle, ASA, Fredum, and Shaniqua?

Those guys are headed for a real kick in the teeth when Delta shuts down CVG on them!
No their flying will be fine, they'll just take it through DTW. Comair will be throwing the bags, and that's it!
Quote: so in other words, a good time to non rev someplace and get the hell out of Cincicrapi?
Tues, Thurs, and Sat
for all the pilots going out onto furlough today, i wish you good luck and best wishes towards whatever employment you find elsewhere. it really is sad that it has to be this way. look forward to better days, and hope for the best. for some of you this might be the best thing that ever happened to you. for me i believe this is the end of my airline career. (im nov. 5th) i am taking this as an opportunity to seek other flying. as things may change, continue to fly safe and be happy.
Quote: for all the pilots going out onto furlough today, i wish you good luck and best wishes towards whatever employment you find elsewhere. it really is sad that it has to be this way. look forward to better days, and hope for the best. for some of you this might be the best thing that ever happened to you. for me i believe this is the end of my airline career. (im nov. 5th) i am taking this as an opportunity to seek other flying. as things may change, continue to fly safe and be happy.
My sentiments exactly. Currently my third airline and I have also experienced being furloughed and to boot with no notice. It is an empty feeling however it can be a blessing in disguise, only to add it is how you handle this turning it into an opportunity. I like many others am prepping for another career after 18 years of flying having Comair to thank for new outlook. Realizing the airline industry is in turmiol with every airline, their is a difference with sticking it out for a company someone has pride in being treated fairly ad with respect. It does exists out their experiencing it personally and even with times like these, I still hear it from other friends at other airlines despite the cutbacks. Comair has taken a direction 5 years ago in the treatment of their workforce and I personally have seen enogh to drive me away, at least psychologically for now.
Best of luck to all furloughed, make the best of this. Best of luck to all still here, including myself, keeping the survivability mentality.
That figure can't be right. Surely we have at least 100 flights through CVG. That would mean only 10 pax per flight? I can't believe that.

Even if we only have 50 flights to CVG today, that means 20 pax per flight. I think that CS person's math is way off.

Additionally, I flew 3 legs through CVG today. 2 700s and 1 900. The 700 was full both ways, for 140 pax and the 900 had 72 on board. So that's 212 pax just with my 3 legs.
Quote: My sentiments exactly. Currently my third airline and I have also experienced being furloughed and to boot with no notice. It is an empty feeling however it can be a blessing in disguise, only to add it is how you handle this turning it into an opportunity. I like many others am prepping for another career after 18 years of flying having Comair to thank for new outlook. Realizing the airline industry is in turmiol with every airline, their is a difference with sticking it out for a company someone has pride in being treated fairly ad with respect. It does exists out their experiencing it personally and even with times like these, I still hear it from other friends at other airlines despite the cutbacks. Comair has taken a direction 5 years ago in the treatment of their workforce and I personally have seen enogh to drive me away, at least psychologically for now.
Best of luck to all furloughed, make the best of this. Best of luck to all still here, including myself, keeping the survivability mentality.
Well written.

There are few jobs out there where the employees so closely monitor the performance and development of their employer.

If/when the style of management changes to something more collaborative, it'll be easier to care about the future of this company. Until then Selective Detachment® is the best method I've found for dealing with the level of disdain this company displays.

Now if the paychecks start bouncing....
371  771  821  861  867  868  869  870  871  872  873  874  875  881  921  971  1371  1871 
Page 871 of 2260
Go to