Spirit of NKS

Subscribe
246  746  1146  1196  1236  1242  1243  1244  1245  1246  1247  1248  1249  1250  1256  1296  1346 
Page 1246 of 1412
Go to
Quote: SWA can have 16 days off, but what if you 3 days on, then 5 days off, 1 day on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 5 days off, 3 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 4 days off, 3 days on. That's 30 days total, 16 days off. Not great for a commuter like me. I'll keep those four days off minimum thank you very much.
Can you please rerun this scenario on a 31 day month? It would be interesting to see. Maybe even run it for the dreaded leap year February. Thanks in advance.
I share your sentiments about the hassle in life it would be to start over at yet another airline, interview, ground, sim etc. However, if one doesn't take a black/white, look at the worst case scenario of the intent of the post....Spirit needs us, their shareholders need us, their wallets and financial futures need us, WE are earning THEM more than any other competitor in our widget industry. Our focus should be having them defend why that relationship of their return off of our skill, lacks the corresponding valuing of the us the widget, as in other shareholders/product relationships. We should not be defending our want, THEY should be defending why they should make so much profit, and invest so little in the product. And then we should sit back, quietly wait, and let them work themselves out of the discomfort of the hypocrisy of the relationship which exists between their enormous gains and our industry trailing compensation package. Leaving the ship is quite a leap without allowing a negotiation discourse to take its course.
Quote: I share your sentiments about the hassle in life it would be to start over at yet another airline, interview, ground, sim etc. However, if one doesn't take a black/white, look at the worst case scenario of the intent of the post....Spirit needs us, their shareholders need us, their wallets and financial futures need us, WE are earning THEM more than any other competitor in our widget industry. Our focus should be having them defend why that relationship of their return off of our skill, lacks the corresponding valuing of the us the widget, as in other shareholders/product relationships. We should not be defending our want, THEY should be defending why they should make so much profit, and invest so little in the product. And then we should sit back, quietly wait, and let them work themselves out of the discomfort of the hypocrisy of the relationship which exists between their enormous gains and our industry trailing compensation package. Leaving the ship is quite a leap without allowing a negotiation discourse to take its course.

You answered your own question I think. The goal of any business is to make maximum profit. They are able to do this by cutting costs in every category including pilots. They won't pay us more until they HAVE to
Quote: You answered your own question I think. The goal of any business is to make maximum profit. They are able to do this by cutting costs in every category including pilots. They won't pay us more until they HAVE to
They aren't paying any less than everybody else for fuel, brake assemblies, etc. They treat you like a mechanical part or a consumable, act like one.
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/06/29/spirit-airlines-incorporated-is-ready-for-takeoff.aspx
Quote: They aren't paying any less than everybody else for fuel, brake assemblies, etc. They treat you like a mechanical part or a consumable, act like one.

I couldn't agree with you more.....in principle however
I don't think that matters. Oh I agree. Stop helping period. Next time there is a meltdown, which will be soon enough, we need to let them step on their own cranks. Period
Quote: I couldn't agree with you more.....in principle however
I don't think that matters. Oh I agree. Stop helping period. Next time there is a meltdown, which will be soon enough, we need to let them step on their own cranks. Period
One hundred percent correct. No more help, fly the contract.
Why do we have pilots answering phones in scheduling and what is incentivizing them to do it? I've also heard reports these pilots harassing their fellow pilots that call in with an issue. ***!
Next meltdown will be next week. Tons of open time, I'm going fishing. Let it burn!
Quote: Why do we have pilots answering phones in scheduling and what is incentivizing them to do it? I've also heard reports these pilots harassing their fellow pilots that call in with an issue. ***!

I've heard (can't confirm) that they are making full pay per hour to do it, so that's a likely incentive.
246  746  1146  1196  1236  1242  1243  1244  1245  1246  1247  1248  1249  1250  1256  1296  1346 
Page 1246 of 1412
Go to