Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
246  746  1146  1196  1236  1242  1243  1244  1245  1246  1247  1248  1249  1250  1256  1296  1346  1746 
Page 1246 of 2043
Go to
I just want to point out to those waiting for classes (not going after anyone here in particular): If you really want to work here, you should have no problem with the idea of going to the 767. Yes, the 747 pays more second and third year, but if your "Atlas Dreams" (said with the appropriate amount of tongue-in-cheek) require a 747, you should look elsewhere. The 767 has a lot of new-hire vacancies coming up.

Your PSA for today!
Quote: I just want to point out to those waiting for classes (not going after anyone here in particular): If you really want to work here, you should have no problem with the idea of going to the 767. Yes, the 747 pays more second and third year, but if your "Atlas Dreams" (said with the appropriate amount of tongue-in-cheek) require a 747, you should look elsewhere. The 767 has a lot of new-hire vacancies coming up.

Your PSA for today!
Do you care to share more info with us on the 76 "lifestyle"? All we hear about is the 74.

Any good overnights/common destinations? Looks like Rota is awesome! How much international stuff is done on the 76? Is it only CVG and JFK base? Are you typically stuck with just "tuna cans" when based in CVG or do they mix it up and give you and Europe or Asia? The charters look interesting, are those few and far between?

Pay difference aside, anyone care to enlighten prospective 76 pilots on what to look forward to?
Quote: Do you care to share more info with us on the 76 "lifestyle"? All we hear about is the 74.

Any good overnights/common destinations? Looks like Rota is awesome! How much international stuff is done on the 76? Is it only CVG and JFK base? Are you typically stuck with just "tuna cans" when based in CVG or do they mix it up and give you and Europe or Asia? The charters look interesting, are those few and far between?

Pay difference aside, anyone care to enlighten prospective 76 pilots on what to look forward to?
The 767 does plenty of international flying both DHL and passenger flying; the lines appear in both bases (yes only two bases for 767 right now) and are assigned from reserve lines. The destinations are similar to the 747. As for "do they mix it up", there is no normal schedule. You can get caught in 2-weeks of hub turns or be in Asia one day, Europe the next week and finish a pattern doing something else. Variety of flying is abundant and it is never completely predictable.
Quote: I just want to point out to those waiting for classes (not going after anyone here in particular): If you really want to work here, you should have no problem with the idea of going to the 767. Yes, the 747 pays more second and third year, but if your "Atlas Dreams" (said with the appropriate amount of tongue-in-cheek) require a 747, you should look elsewhere. The 767 has a lot of new-hire vacancies coming up.

Your PSA for today!
How often are guys on the 76 doing out and back cargo runs and paying imputed tax on a hotel room in CVG for the majority of their schedule?
Quote: Do you care to share more info with us on the 76 "lifestyle"? All we hear about is the 74.

What TimmyR said. It's a great fleet overall with a great group of people. The culture is excellent, and I have no plans to bid to the -400 at this point. If I did, it'd simply be for pay.

Quote: How often are guys on the 76 doing out and back cargo runs and paying imputed tax on a hotel room in CVG for the majority of their schedule?
Haven't had that happen in 3 years.
Any word on December interviews?
Quote: Any word on December interviews?
Word at the Nov. interview was no Dec. interviews planned. That could change of course....
Quote: What TimmyR said. It's a great fleet overall with a great group of people. The culture is excellent, and I have no plans to bid to the -400 at this point.
+1, After 9 years, I have no plans on going back to the 400. I am really enjoying the 76. With a new contract; industry standard 767 compensation and work rules, coupled with an express LOA for the DHL flying, for me, I'll just stay on the 76 until they kick me off it..
jnathan....I tried responding to your PM. It said your box is full so it won't send. Either clean it out and let me know so I can resend it, or PM me your personal email and I'll send the answer to your question there.
Quote: How often are guys on the 76 doing out and back cargo runs and paying imputed tax on a hotel room in CVG for the majority of their schedule?
The "out and back cargo runs" are actually back and out. The "overnights" when doing the DHL hub flying occur at the outstations during the day. Once you report at CVG and begin your trip, you only see CVG for 3-4 hours each night in the middle of your duty day. Weekends may find you in CVG. The company has changed how they position crews on weekends a few times over the last few years. In any case, if you have a line of hub flying, you won't be spending anywhere near the majority of your overnights in CVG.

The only time that happens is if you are on an R2 or R3 line in CVG, but even then from what I understand the imputed income thing is pretty hit or miss.
246  746  1146  1196  1236  1242  1243  1244  1245  1246  1247  1248  1249  1250  1256  1296  1346  1746 
Page 1246 of 2043
Go to