Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
255  755  1155  1205  1245  1251  1252  1253  1254  1255  1256  1257  1258  1259  1265  1305  1355  1755 
Page 1255 of 2045
Go to
Quote: Does anybody have any intel how competitive a 3500TT, 1500TPIC (91/135) pilot would be? Trying to see if what's competitive for someone without any 121/Mil experience.

Thanks in advance.
Good. I got hired with similar creds.
Quote: Good. I got hired with similar creds.
Well thats great news, thanks. Atlas is where I'd really like to be and I was hoping not to have to take a 60%+ pay cut to get some 121 experience to get there.
Quote: Asking for a specific fleet and asking to wait for it is really bad idea if you really want to be at Atlas (or you wanna leave your current place or you wanna really get to Atlas to get to someplace else!!)

Good luck.
Bingo! And who wouldn't want to fly with us, anyway?!
Quote: bingo! And who wouldn't want to fly with us, anyway?!
roflmao...
Quote: We're kind of a big deal as far as crews go.
One less beer you owe me!
Advice
Hey folks,

I'm looking for some thoughts on a career move from current Atlas employees.

I'm currently a regional FO w/ approx. 3100TT and 0 TPIC. I'm about 1-2 years off from upgrading. My QOL is great now and I'm surviving on pay. Obviously QOL will go down and pay will go up upon upgrade. My end goal is mainline.

Travel has always been huge to me and the type of international flying and aircraft at Atlas sounds very appealing to me. My reservations about going to Atlas would be the commitment to being gone long blocks of time as well as losing flight benefits on mainline for my family and myself.

My two questions;

1. What would be a better path to the mainline, an FO with a 767/747 type and international experience or a regional CA with 1000 PIC?

2. Are pilots at Atlas acquiring enough airline miles to buy the family occasional flights?

Thanks for your time.
We have airline benefits after 6 months (ZED). If you think the long blocks are going to be an issue, or may have family ramifications...stay away. Get your Jet PIC, focus on your end goal. If we pull out a decent contract I may feel differently, but at these wages (for this kind of work) I'd get the PIC.

QUOTE=pilot123456;2026294]Hey folks,

I'm currently a regional FO w/ approx. 3100TT and 0 TPIC. I'm about 1-2 years off from upgrading. My QOL is great now and I'm surviving on pay. Obviously QOL will go down and pay will go up upon upgrade. My end goal is mainline.

Travel has always been huge to me and the type of international flying and aircraft at Atlas sounds very appealing to me. My reservations about going to Atlas would be the commitment to being gone long blocks of time as well as losing flight benefits on mainline for my family and myself.

My two questions;

1. What would be a better path to the mainline, an FO with a 767/747 type and international experience or a regional CA with 1000 PIC?

2. Are pilots at Atlas acquiring enough airline miles to buy the family occasional flights?

Thanks for your time.[/QUOTE]
Quote: My end goal is mainline.

If mainline is your end goal, stay at your regional, get your tpic and wait. Heavy time with 0 pic puts you at the end of the qualified candidates. Take it from me, that's where I am. Not to mention with all the regional/mainline agreements, coming here will make it that much harder to get on there. Stay put, enjoy your quality of life and forget Atlas.
Quote: Hey folks,

My two questions;

Thanks for your time.
Sounds to me like you should stay at a regional based on your family and your travel benefits. Atlas is a place you should only consider if you don't mind being stuck here for several years and (maybe) making a career out of. It's not a particularly great stepping stone....
Quote: Ummm and in addition to what was posted above, there is nothing in the way of pool seniority with HR. They hire who they want when they want and no one is entitled to a class date sooner just because they've been "in the pool longer." That is how it works with most jobs.
Takes a certain kind of person to feel entitled to stuff before even being hired. Also if I were in HR I'd quickly take anyone who requests specific type and throw their app in the circular file. I'd rather hire a less qualified person that is just happy to be here.
255  755  1155  1205  1245  1251  1252  1253  1254  1255  1256  1257  1258  1259  1265  1305  1355  1755 
Page 1255 of 2045
Go to