Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
951  1451  1851  1901  1941  1947  1948  1949  1950  1951  1952  1953  1954  1955  1961  2001 
Page 1951 of 2045
Go to
Does atlas take you if you have a 121 failure?

Will atlas take me with 500 turbine 121 time?

Is training AQP, and if not, how is training quality/washout rate.
Quote: Does atlas take you if you have a 121 failure?

So you have a 121 failure and you're wondering if training is hard... Sigh...

You posted exactly the same on Southwest. Can’t think of two more different operations…make sure you know what Atlas does, just saying.

I recommended a buddy with one 121 failure and Atlas said thanks but no thanks.

500h turbine is just one part of the equation. Total time, previous experience, etc…all counts
Quote: You posted exactly the same on Southwest. Can’t think of two more different operations…make sure you know what Atlas does, just saying.

I recommended a buddy with one 121 failure and Atlas said thanks but no thanks.

500h turbine is just one part of the equation. Total time, previous experience, etc…all counts
I applied to both so I am seeing input on both

What do you think the major differences are? Other than one is cargo and other is pax

Are you sure just the one 121 failure was the reason they said no? Not a criminal history, speeding tickets, bad explaining on interview, etc?
Quote: So you have a 121 failure and you're wondering if training is hard... Sigh...
Do you know how to answer questions
Quote: Do you know how to answer questions
The good thing is you've got a fantastic attitude to help make up for your inability to take a checkride.

We have hired and we hire people with 121 failures, but they need to be explainable. The people interviewing you need to know you'll be trainable, not a liability, etc.

One or two people don't make it through in each class. That comes to around 5% that don't reach the line. An additional fraction need extra sims or retries on their type ride.

Generally we arent a pink-slip factory. If I was going to point out one thing wrong with the training it's that the curricula are built for people coming with years of acmi experience rather than who we are hiring. So theres a lot of initiative you have to take in order to be prepared. Still, there's a defined course, defined standards and controlled references. Read the stuff in the manuals, regurgitate it then fly the profiles in the sim. No big whoop. Keep perspective, get plenty of sleep and don't let a screamer or two get under your skin.

If you got rattled at your last shop, figure out what's going on inside you and address those issues.
Quote: I applied to both so I am seeing input on both

What do you think the major differences are? Other than one is cargo and other is pax

Are you sure just the one 121 failure was the reason they said no? Not a criminal history, speeding tickets, bad explaining on interview, etc?
You do know Atlas flys passengers also? Albeit better behaved most of the time vs those that buy a deeply discounted ticket? If not please apply elsewhere.
Quote: The good thing is you've got a fantastic attitude to help make up for your inability to take a checkride.
Sir, how do you think your attitude was? Someone is asking a legit question and that's all you have to say? Look in the mirror first before you comment on my attitude.

Quote: We have hired and we hire people with 121 failures, but they need to be explainable. The people interviewing you need to know you'll be trainable, not a liability, etc.

One or two people don't make it through in each class. That comes to around 5% that don't reach the line. An additional fraction need extra sims or retries on their type ride.

Generally we arent a pink-slip factory. If I was going to point out one thing wrong with the training it's that the curricula are built for people coming with years of acmi experience rather than who we are hiring. So theres a lot of initiative you have to take in order to be prepared. Still, there's a defined course, defined standards and controlled references. Read the stuff in the manuals, regurgitate it then fly the profiles in the sim. No big whoop. Keep perspective, get plenty of sleep and don't let a screamer or two get under your skin.

If you got rattled at your last shop, figure out what's going on inside you and address those issues.
Great response, thanks a lot! Sounds like my current airline. As long as the instructors are knowledgeable and great, I am happy, and dedicated to giving it all I've got.
I would be very hesitant if this was recent.
Stay with the Regionals and put some miles behind you.
951  1451  1851  1901  1941  1947  1948  1949  1950  1951  1952  1953  1954  1955  1961  2001 
Page 1951 of 2045
Go to