Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 10-02-2022, 09:19 AM
  #19531  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Swakid8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,425
Default

Originally Posted by atpcliff View Post
Atlas is better than Kalitta, but not by a lot. Kalitta has Home Basing, which is something that Atlas needs to retain more pilots. Atlas has better work rules, overall.
Home Basing is nice, but depending on where one lives and where they are base and the pattern start end times one could easily commute on Day 1 and Day 17 of the pattern.

While I was at Atlas, as soon as I got out of ANC and based down to JFK or ORD, it was easy for me to commute on Day 1 and Day 17.

While I will say, home basing would have been nice. It is not the issue that was driving pilot attrition.
Swakid8 is offline  
Old 10-06-2022, 11:20 AM
  #19532  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptTX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: B737 FO
Posts: 109
Default

Hey y'all,

I interviewed last Wednesday and got an email last Thursday that they are reviewing my documents at this time. Has anyone interviewed at Atlas in the last week or two? What was the response time like? The suspense is killing me!

Thanks!
CaptTX is offline  
Old 10-07-2022, 02:43 AM
  #19533  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: First Officer @ Turkish Airlines
Posts: 10
Default

Originally Posted by CaptTX View Post
Hey y'all,

I interviewed last Wednesday and got an email last Thursday that they are reviewing my documents at this time. Has anyone interviewed at Atlas in the last week or two? What was the response time like? The suspense is killing me!

Thanks!
same here. Iím waiting more than a week
aviator35 is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 01:53 PM
  #19534  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: First Officer @ Turkish Airlines
Posts: 10
Default I got CJO

Originally Posted by CaptTX View Post
Hey y'all,

I interviewed last Wednesday and got an email last Thursday that they are reviewing my documents at this time. Has anyone interviewed at Atlas in the last week or two? What was the response time like? The suspense is killing me!

Thanks!
Hey man,

I got the letter today. Itís positive. How about you?
aviator35 is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 02:27 PM
  #19535  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptTX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: B737 FO
Posts: 109
Default

Originally Posted by aviator35 View Post
Hey man,

I got the letter today. Itís positive. How about you?
I got mine as well and it's good news!

I have a competing offer at ATI as well (Good and bad problem to have I guess). My only problem with Atlas is I don't have a class date and I don't have a fleet assignment while at ATI I do. I'm going to make my decision soon but I am seriously thinking hard on this.
CaptTX is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 04:59 PM
  #19536  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 211
Default

I'm biased but there is way more upside at Atlas over ATI. Especially because ATI is so much more reliant on Amazon than Atlas is.
Roverruckus is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 05:23 PM
  #19537  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BrazilBusDriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2018
Posts: 334
Default

Originally Posted by Roverruckus View Post
I'm biased but there is way more upside at Atlas over ATI. Especially because ATI is so much more reliant on Amazon than Atlas is.
I'm biased, obviously. I'll say one of those companies has a scope agreement that covers all its pilots, and the other has three agreements that cover three pilot groups with the implicit threat of reverse pattern bargaining every contract cycle.
BrazilBusDriver is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 06:52 PM
  #19538  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 300
Default

Originally Posted by CaptTX View Post
I got mine as well and it's good news!

I have a competing offer at ATI as well (Good and bad problem to have I guess). My only problem with Atlas is I don't have a class date and I don't have a fleet assignment while at ATI I do. I'm going to make my decision soon but I am seriously thinking hard on this.

If it makes you feel better, at the end of last year I had both as well. Iíve never looked back since joining Atlas!
160to4 is offline  
Old 10-11-2022, 04:46 AM
  #19539  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Sep 2022
Posts: 17
Default Class dates for 2023

Anyone actually has an intel on when theyíll publish the class dates for 2023? Should be soon right?
ace7 is offline  
Old 10-11-2022, 05:35 AM
  #19540  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cujo665's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...
Posts: 3,122
Default

Originally Posted by Swakid8 View Post
Home Basing is nice, but depending on where one lives and where they are base and the pattern start end times one could easily commute on Day 1 and Day 17 of the pattern.

While I was at Atlas, as soon as I got out of ANC and based down to JFK or ORD, it was easy for me to commute on Day 1 and Day 17.

While I will say, home basing would have been nice. It is not the issue that was driving pilot attrition.
Does Atlas not fly you to/from home on the first/last day of your trip?
Cujo665 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM
astropilot92571
Hiring News
4
04-26-2005 08:58 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices