Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
254  304  344  350  351  352  353  354  355  356  357  358  364  404  454  854  1354 
Page 354 of 2044
Go to
Be really careful about the cookouts...I've heard of several who spent too much time at the grill, and not enough time studying.

Like Jerry said above, you are now in the "change-is-a-constant" mode...live it, love it, or leave it. Your experience at Atlas is what you make of it -- it can be the best job (minus FDX, and UPS, and even they have "issues") in the world for the guy (and family) with the right attitude.

If you fight the system, you'll be miserable with the training, OE, and line operations...just roll with it, and see they world, and fly some of the best equipment in the sky...with the best guys/gals in the business, who are motivated to get the job done.

Good luck, and welcome...
I can't wait to join the chaos next week! That's how my current airline runs too! The only thing I can complain about is not getting the HR department to return my calls! Maybe you guys can help (again)! Do you know when our insurance benefits begin? Is it the 1st of the month after you first 30 days? For us starting on the 23rd that would be Sept 1.
Quote: I can't wait to join the chaos next week! That's how my current airline runs too! The only thing I can complain about is not getting the HR department to return my calls! Maybe you guys can help (again)! Do you know when our insurance benefits begin? Is it the 1st of the month after you first 30 days? For us starting on the 23rd that would be Sept 1.
You are eligible for health, vision, and dental coverage on "the first day of the month following the month of hire". You have to enroll within the first 31 days of your hire date, and you have to enroll at least 15 days prior to when you are eligible for the coverage to take effect.

Good luck...and welcome.
90 days after we start I believe...
Quote: 90 days after we start I believe...

Negative, Chip...Please see my post above...my response to the question was posted after consulting the company website.
So for us on the 23rd we would already be inside the 15 day window so would we have to wait for Sept?
Insurance starts day one. I remember because a few in my classmates asked several times in April while on the conference call with HR in NY.
5 posts... three different answers.....pass the popcorn!!!

Welcome to Atlas!!
Rhino pretty sure I was in on that call, and if I remember they said that insurance starts the first day of the first full month of employment. They said we lucked out since the second day of class was the fist of the month.

Would recomend taking a carto MIA, was nice not having to wait for the van and being able to get away at times.
254  304  344  350  351  352  353  354  355  356  357  358  364  404  454  854  1354 
Page 354 of 2044
Go to