Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
450  850  900  940  946  947  948  949  950  951  952  953  954  960  1000  1050  1450  1950 
Page 950 of 2044
Go to
Quote: Yeah... I don't think they're contractually required to do it every month so it's a way to keep guys on the 767...
Yup... I had a bad feeling they were going to delay. 6pm in Purchase without a bid award out. I'd be ****ed if I were one of the guys who unlocks off the 767 in 4 days. Though, I guess there are 6 more hours in the day, huh?
There have to be vacancy's for a "Vacancy Bid" hence the name. Has there been departures from the 747 FO side? I have not seen the sign's of a shortage.

2014-7 was a big award, with a 11 NH slots on the 747 and 21 on the 767. Could take more than a month to get thru those.

That being said, 2014-7 posted after midnight on the AM of the 16th, EDT.
Quote: There have to be vacancy's for a "Vacancy Bid" hence the name. Has there been departures from the 747 FO side? I have not seen the sign's of a shortage.

2014-7 was a big award, with a 11 NH slots on the 747 and 21 on the 767. Could take more than a month to get thru those.

Yes, of course vacancies need to exist for a vacancy award. However, the pace of open time emails up until about a week or two ago seems to have suggested short staffing on the 747 side.
Quote: Yup... I had a bad feeling they were going to delay. 6pm in Purchase without a bid award out. I'd be ****ed if I were one of the guys who unlocks off the 767 in 4 days. Though, I guess there are 6 more hours in the day, huh?
Actually, I think the first class of 767 FOs is already unlocked. AIMS shows my seat lock expiring Oct. 1, not on my class date.

They only run vacancy awards when needed. Somebody had asked Doreen, and she said not to expect anything till the end of the year, if then. I figure they'll leave us in place until the new hires start coming out of the school house.
Quote: There have to be vacancy's for a "Vacancy Bid" hence the name. Has there been departures from the 747 FO side? I have not seen the sign's of a shortage.

I find it very hard to believe that nobody retired, nobody left for a major, and all of the new hire spots were filled. Maybe it'll be posted first thing tomorrow... They're just playing games because they don't want those guys bolting to the 747 with so many 767 new hire spots that will be there for months. Remember that even when you hire someone you have to train them before they produce.
Quote: Actually, I think the first class of 767 FOs is already unlocked. AIMS shows my seat lock expiring Oct. 1, not on my class date.

They only run vacancy awards when needed. Somebody had asked Doreen, and she said not to expect anything till the end of the year, if then. I figure they'll leave us in place until the new hires start coming out of the school house.
If there are new hires spots open on the 747 that's really abusing the system. Not that it's surprising... My guess is that the 747 and 767 emails will both go way up in the next few months on the FO side.
Quote: Actually, I think the first class of 767 FOs is already unlocked. AIMS shows my seat lock expiring Oct. 1, not on my class date.

Ah, didn't know until just now that they showed that in the Expiry Dates section. That's handy. It also knocks almost a month off my sentence since I was hired in late January '13.

I've heard conflicting reports about when the next award will be posted, but at least movement is starting.
Quote: If there are new hires spots open on the 747 that's really abusing the system. Not that it's surprising... My guess is that the 747 and 767 emails will both go way up in the next few months on the FO side.
easier to cover staffing problems on the 747 via OT or out base. (although 747 out base recently went pretty dang junior). Wasn't that long ago we had a CVG-ATL run on the 767 cancel because no one from either seat bid for it. Letting the 767 FOs go now would most likely make things much worse with no ability to recover. (read between the lines on the recent CP letter) The other FO called in sick on my TPE run last month - they sent us two CAs/two FOs to cover what one guy does in 12 days. One was a reserve in TPE, two were flown from/back to NRT, and one CA commercialed in from Germany, each to operate for a single night before moving on. We normally have a full reserve crew in TPE. If we're borrowing from HHN, staffing is pretty dang thin.
Quote: easier to cover staffing problems on the 747 via OT or out base. (although 747 out base recently went pretty dang junior). Wasn't that long ago we had a CVG-ATL run on the 767 cancel because no one from either seat bid for it. Letting the 767 FOs go now would most likely make things much worse with no ability to recover. (read between the lines on the recent CP letter) The other FO called in sick on my TPE run last month - they sent us two CAs/two FOs to cover what one guy does in 12 days. One was a reserve in TPE, two were flown from/back to NRT, and one CA commercialed in from Germany, each to operate for a single night before moving on. We normally have a full reserve crew in TPE. If we're borrowing from HHN, staffing is pretty dang thin.
Very true. I'm just hoping we see movement on the 767 before too long. My class has been bottom of CVG for a year and a half with the only movement being on the 747 side of the house. It's our turn.
There is going to be a large group of NH's stuck in ANC on the 747 paying imputed income for a few years with no movement. Timing is everything.
450  850  900  940  946  947  948  949  950  951  952  953  954  960  1000  1050  1450  1950 
Page 950 of 2044
Go to