Subscribe
101  151  191  197  198  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  211  251  301  701 
Page 201 of 959
Go to
Quote: PM Dragon.
Got it, back to ya!
Quote: Level 2 already....
Nice...
Quote: ATC; The simple fact is that when one registers there is no name given. That is for a reason. The only thing that is required these days is a e-mail address that is not "free" IE a att.com, comcast, etc. Not a AOL, yahoo, gmail, etc. There is no identifying information given to either the Admins or the Mods. I would LOVE to know who some ppl are, but the fact is that this board is anonymous until said user opts out of it by posting their own name. Even the mods to do not have that info. I mean that.

If you feel that something is going on, report the PM. There is now that function with the new V Board update and the mods will all get to look at it and come to a consensus on what to do. The report icon is on the top right side of each PM.

Hope this helps.
It does, thanks. I am however, curious if when anyone else posts a reply, they have a message under the "Trackback" box that shows an "Already Pinged" message.

And Vagabond...my apologies...did not realize that posting the link there was a violation of the TOS. My assumption was that everyone saw that when they were responding.
Quote: No.. it would require getting elected, and national doesn't want anybody that will rock the boat. They would rather have the guys that have no passion and are (in your opinion) on the right track....
Ahhh..."National" controls elections.

Got it!

Jedi Mind Control allows Prater to determine how you will vote. I always wondered what mysterious force was pulling me away from the cookies at LEC meetings, and forcing me to nominate and vote for EXACTLY the pilots Prater wanted in office! His power is so mighty, his re-election was a landslide victory...

Uh Oh! Your theory failed Test 1.

The "right track" is trying to do the right thing, even when the government, the courts, the ATA, and your management are all resisting it. It takes volunteers who can set priorities in the face of that resistance, and do their best...even when 5-10% of their fellow pilots are screaming at them to "kick some butts, NOW!"

Carl is complaining about the pilots who've stepped up, and he wants a new group to step up...because, Hey!, there's no way anyone will complain about THOSE guys! I'd like to know if Carl is going to be one of the pilots to step up. Will you step up?

I watched the PFAA replace a big union through a similar method of tapping into anger. The Teamsters were sent packing. The age of exclusive self-interest was ushered in. Guess how successful the homegrown, in-house, un-bloated union was at accomplishing ANYTHING?

They weren't. At all. They were a bunch of angry screamers who got NOTHING done to help their members. Oh, they were loud...but they got NOTHING done. Zero.

Eventually, PFAA was replaced at Northwest by the AFA.

Maybe I can find a PFAA pin on eBay and convince the DPA gang to just superimpose their spiffy logo on top of it. Or better yet, an hourglass, to represent the elapsed time from when pilots listened to angry guys with no specific plan, to when they recognized their mistake.
Here is the link DAWGS and Pineapple.

http://econ.as.nyu.edu/docs/IO/12642/Benmelech.pdf

Hawaii,

Love to change ALPA from within. If you think it is a viable option, bring up the issue of using professional negotiators/lawyers/investment bankers for our next round, and not same outsourced ALPA Cohen and Weiss groups we have used before. (unless you like the results of their work). ((Yeah, no green handshakes going on between ALPA and these guys))

I am trying to get my hands on the Holy Grail. These would be the documents that outline the strategy they write about in the paper linked above...yet...published prior to our bankruptcy.

Wouldn't that have been great information to have as a pilot group (not to mention as a negotiating group) prior to "Doing it once and doing it right"
So are you Delta pilots starting your own union and leaving ALPA?
Quote: So are you Delta pilots starting your own union and leaving ALPA?
Yes, why?...........
Quote: Level 2 already....
Yep. Level one is failing.

Next step is level two by default and necessity.
Quote: Yes, why?...........
Just wanted to know, I thinks its a good thing that your dropping ALPA.
Quote: Just wanted to know, I thinks its a good thing that your dropping ALPA.
Thanks for sharing, Mr. Tilton.

How's it going with you?
101  151  191  197  198  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  211  251  301  701 
Page 201 of 959
Go to