Omni Air

Subscribe
215  265  305  311  312  313  314  315  316  317  318  319  325  365  415 
Page 315 of 433
Go to
Quote: Lol probably so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No seriously, he asked about getting an Atlas luggage discount on another thread.
Quote: No seriously, he asked about getting an Atlas luggage discount on another thread.

Well that new contract should serve him/her well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He clearly doesn’t know beans about Omni, or our hiring & training program.
Based on what I have been reading, I think Omni or Kalitta, would have been a better choice than Atlas, even with the new contract.
Can someone please summarize what are the top 2-3 reasons why Omni has been a good choice for them? Thanks
Quote: Based on what I have been reading, I think Omni or Kalitta, would have been a better choice than Atlas, even with the new contract.
‘Naw, I would put K4 over Atlas with the new rates..... we work rules that they lack. The biggest area Atlas lag was the pay rates. I’ll argue we still lag pay rise to Kalitta on pay when comparing 767 and 777 fleets.
Quote: Can someone please summarize what are the top 2-3 reasons why Omni has been a good choice for them? Thanks
The primary difference between Omni and the other ACMIs is that they fly people. A corollary of this is that they tend to fly quite a bit less. For me, that was great. Lots of 36+ hour layovers and (pre-covid) a lot of sitting at home on long call reserve. If one can find their niche at Omni, the right seat can be one of the easiest jobs in the world.
Quote: The primary difference between Omni and the other ACMIs is that they fly people. A corollary of this is that they tend to fly quite a bit less. For me, that was great. Lots of 36+ hour layovers and (pre-covid) a lot of sitting at home on long call reserve. If one can find their niche at Omni, the right seat can be one of the easiest jobs in the world.
Atlas carries people also.....
Quote: Atlas carries people also.....
he means Omni doesn’t fly freighters. All the planes are pax configured, including birds with lay flat first class.
Quote: Can someone please summarize what are the top 2-3 reasons why Omni has been a good choice for them? Thanks
Planes. People. Pay.
The planes are well maintained. The pilots are professional. The pay is commensurate with the ACMI industry. Omni is good place to be.
There is a wide variety of experience here ranging from retired military guys / gals, regional pilots, former ACMI pilots, etc. Gateway domiciles are an absolute QOL enhancement that cannot be monetized or overstated. There are certainly improvements to be made here contractually, but overall this is truly a good place to be. IMO.
215  265  305  311  312  313  314  315  316  317  318  319  325  365  415 
Page 315 of 433
Go to