Omni Air

Subscribe
49  89  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  109  149  199 
Page 99 of 433
Go to
Wouldn't really call it a good place to work (unless you're senior enough to bid decent schedules and avoid the TDY), but it was a means to an end for me. A place to get some heavy international time and move on.

Anyone who already has that time is best served by going elsewhere unless they really need the job. JMO, not trying to be a jerk about it. Management just treats people so poorly, it's awful.
So far I generally like what I'm hearing, especially since one guy is able to make SEA work.

Last two questions, which actually will have no impact, but just curiosity.

That TDY in MAD... after you get back from it you have 1 year before the company can send you again?

During those 90 days, it's continuous stay in MAD... do you get days off afterward to compensate for the 30 off days you would have missed?
Quote: So far I generally like what I'm hearing, especially since one guy is able to make SEA work.

Last two questions, which actually will have no impact, but just curiosity.

That TDY in MAD... after you get back from it you have 1 year before the company can send you again?

During those 90 days, it's continuous stay in MAD... do you get days off afterward to compensate for the 30 off days you would have missed?
Yes. From the day you get back, you can't start another TDY for 12 months.

The way the TDY works, you still get your 12 or 13 off days in Madrid in blocks of 3 or 4 days I believe, so no, there are no compensatory days off at the end.
To everyone bombarding me with PM's here is a screenshot of our contract gateway cities. I don't mind sharing the contract, but I don't have the time right now to dig up answers that are contained within for you.

Quote: So far I generally like what I'm hearing, especially since one guy is able to make SEA work.
From your earlier post by SEA I think you mean South East Asia and not Seattle

One pilot does live in Thailand but his circumstances are quite unique. His base is actually Los Angeles I believe and unless he is able to broker a deal with scheduling (which never ever ever works in your favor) he must jumpseat to LA to catch his flight to wherever else he is going (or try to JS to the duty location himself). He is also pretty senior and is able to hold our Japan schedules so that he can "cut a deal" to save the company money and commerical directly to NRT.

I wouldn't count on this sort of scenario as a new hire or even as a mid level seniority person.
Quote: ...

One pilot does live in Thailand but his circumstances are quite unique...
The pilot himself is quite unique as well. Good people
Thanks for the list.
Quote: The pilot himself is quite unique as well. Good people
Hahahaha. One thing for sure...best crews in my career.
So what are the junior assignments? MAD... And?

Because if they're all in the EU then it's cheaper to go out of BKK than LAX by a huge margin.
Quote: So what are the junior assignments? MAD... And?

Because if they're all in the EU then it's cheaper to go out of BKK than LAX by a huge margin.
Not trying to be a smart @$$ but don't you think as a person attempting to work for a new company asking them to accommodate your desires is a bit much?
49  89  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  109  149  199 
Page 99 of 433
Go to