Xojet

Subscribe
27  77  117  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  137  177 
Page 127 of 221
Go to
Quote: On the fixed 8/6 and 15/13, or the flex schedules, can you trade trips with other pilots if you need a specific day off?
Yes you can, but it’s never guaranteed until you find someone who’s willing to switch with you and get it set with crew scheduling.
Flex schedule
So on the flex schedule, you bid each month for your next month’s schedule, but what are your choices? Are you just picking between a couple of 8/6’s or a 15/13, or are there other options to choose from? Do you just put in for certain days off? Can you get trips that are less than 8 days or longer than 15 or anything in between?

Thanks,
Quote: So on the flex schedule, you bid each month for your next month’s schedule, but what are your choices? Are you just picking between a couple of 8/6’s or a 15/13, or are there other options to choose from? Do you just put in for certain days off? Can you get trips that are less than 8 days or longer than 15 or anything in between?

Thanks,

You put in for certain days off that you want. You can choose our own max of 8,9, or 10 days in a row. You get minimum days off which increase the more days on you work. No less than 4 days if you work 8 and no less than 6 if you work 10. Not hard numbers. Just kind of spit balling here a little.
Can you go back and forth between the 8/6 and 15/13 over the course of a year? For instance, if you have a particular day in which you would like to have off, can you go to a 15/13 for a month, then go back to 8/6?

Thanks
Quote: Can you go back and forth between the 8/6 and 15/13 over the course of a year? For instance, if you have a particular day in which you would like to have off, can you go to a 15/13 for a month, then go back to 8/6?

Thanks
No. You're locked in with your 8/6 or 15/13 for a year after bidding it. But like someone else said, you can swap scheds with someone for particular time off, but often times it's hard to get someone to line up with.
Quote: No. You're locked in with your 8/6 or 15/13 for a year after bidding it. But like someone else said, you can swap scheds with someone for particular time off, but often times it's hard to get someone to line up with.
I don't think that's entirely true. I've been told you can join the Flex schedule for 4 months at a time. Once you join the Flex schedule though you're locked into it for at least that long. If you chose to go back to 8/6 or 15/13 you have to contact crew planning to get reinstalled into the fixed schedule. Everyone I've talked to though that's on the flex has stayed there, so I don't know what that looks like.
Quote: It's been over a year since I got any so memory is fading somewhat but basically they're $5 coupon type things that Atlantic FBO's give out. You get one for each 100 gallons of fuel purchased, and last time I fueled if you bought at least 360 gallons you got double coupons.

You enter the serial numbers of the coupons into your account on their website. Once you hit $200 they'll issue a Visa card to you with the balance. Then you can keep adding to the card's balance $5 at time.

Nice perk, bigger jets make out pretty well. On the Phenom 300 I usually didn't have any trouble getting the $200/year to keep the card alive. One word of caution, if you get more than $600 I think it was you'll get a Form 1099 and get taxed on the amount.

Edit: Used to be easy to buy/sell the coupons but now I think I remember they have it by your name or something.
Im on the X. If we fill up on a transcon at an Atlantic, we double at 900 gallons and usually, whether or not we double, we split the points between the two pilots. On a transcon out of TEB I can make about $45-55 give or take, plus whatever we save on fuel if I'm the pilot flying. Fuel savings are assigned to the PF for that leg.
Quote: I don't think that's entirely true. I've been told you can join the Flex schedule for 4 months at a time. Once you join the Flex schedule though you're locked into it for at least that long. If you chose to go back to 8/6 or 15/13 you have to contact crew planning to get reinstalled into the fixed schedule. Everyone I've talked to though that's on the flex has stayed there, so I don't know what that looks like.

True. But I think he was asking if it’s possible to bounce back n forth between the 8/6 and 15/13....which I believe isn’t possible. But you’re right about the flex. You can try it for four months and go back to your regular Sched if you don’t like it.
Quote: Im on the X. If we fill up on a transcon at an Atlantic, we double at 900 gallons and usually, whether or not we double, we split the points between the two pilots. On a transcon out of TEB I can make about $45-55 give or take, plus whatever we save on fuel if I'm the pilot flying. Fuel savings are assigned to the PF for that leg.
If I accept a junior assignment my minimum guarantee for each day is $1,924.74. That's $7,698.96 for a 4 day trip. I think your aspirations are set way, way too low. And I'm at the 9th worst airline.
Quote: If I accept a junior assignment my minimum guarantee for each day is $1,924.74. That's $7,698.96 for a 4 day trip. I think your aspirations are set way, way too low. And I'm at the 9th worst airline.
Please provide the name of the airline and details breaking down these numbers Mac.
27  77  117  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  137  177 
Page 127 of 221
Go to