Xojet

Subscribe
48  88  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  108  148  198 
Page 98 of 221
Go to
Bloomberg did a piece on XOJet earlier this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntt5jXlXucE
I had submitted a resume last December and finally heard back for an initial phone screen this past June. I talked with a pilot in HR for about an hour and then got the "thanks, but no thanks" e-mail later that week. Is it worth it to re submit? or has my name been put onto a black list not to be considered again? I would really love to get on with this company. If it makes a difference I have two captain internal recs...

Thanks
At least you got a call... I guess I'm too crusty to deserve a response. I'd like to at least swing at the plate before I strike out! LOL!
Quote: I had submitted a resume last December and finally heard back for an initial phone screen this past June. I talked with a pilot in HR for about an hour and then got the "thanks, but no thanks" e-mail later that week. Is it worth it to re submit? or has my name been put onto a black list not to be considered again? I would really love to get on with this company. If it makes a difference I have two captain internal recs...

Thanks
I would give it 6 months and try again. Good luck.
What's the best way to update your flight times?
I initially got the TBNT after my first phone interview. I believe it was timing issues as I wasn't available to leave my job due to a training contranct. I re applied after 6 months and got the call for the interview.
Looking into XOJet. Seems like a good company with a lot of satisfied pilots. I see that they are only looking to hire FO's. Does anyone have any information on what upgrade times are looking at right now with XO? Also, are you home based with XO? Thanks in advance for any info.
Quote: Looking into XOJet. Seems like a good company with a lot of satisfied pilots. I see that they are only looking to hire FO's. Does anyone have any information on what upgrade times are looking at right now with XO? Also, are you home based with XO? Thanks in advance for any info.

You are correct that there are some satisfied pilots at XOJET. However, people are leaving for the airlines. XOJET can't compete when it comes to pay and retirement, so if you are young it's merely a stepping stone.

They do only hire FO's. Upgrade on the X is right around 1 year and just over 2 years on the Challenger. There is talk about increasing the pay for FOs next year.

All pilots are home based and airline out on day 1 and home on day 8. Lots of the Florida and California pilots sometimes end up driving a rental to work to start a rotation. Maybe one out of 6 trips, sometimes more. Honestly the transition days (1 and 8) are the worst part of the job. Those days can and do often exceed 14 hours with day 8 getting you home pretty late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: You are correct that there are some satisfied pilots at XOJET. However, people are leaving for the airlines. XOJET can't compete when it comes to pay and retirement, so if you are young it's merely a stepping stone.

They do only hire FO's. Upgrade on the X is right around 1 year and just over 2 years on the Challenger. There is talk about increasing the pay for FOs next year.

All pilots are home based and airline out on day 1 and home on day 8. Lots of the Florida and California pilots sometimes end up driving a rental to work to start a rotation. Maybe one out of 6 trips, sometimes more. Honestly the transition days (1 and 8) are the worst part of the job. Those days can and do often exceed 14 hours with day 8 getting you home pretty late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A small addition. You have zero say in which airframe you are placed in. This has been a little bit of frustration for myself because I'm seeing pilots from just under my seniority level to way junior to me upgrade before I do on the X (I'm on 300). It's not like other companies (NJ or FLEX, or airlines) where you can upgrade into an airframe you've never flown before. I think this may be, and should be, one reason for them looking to increase FO pay and I'm hoping it's fairly substantial.

All in all not the worst place to hang for a while IMO.
Don't want to change the thread, but heard that XO had a mechanism for carrying some extra O2 for trips to Hawaii. I'm not too sure in my source so thought I would ask here. We are looking at a 300 and I am just wondering about pax loads going out that way. Any other issues I should look at?

Thanks.
48  88  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  108  148  198 
Page 98 of 221
Go to