Skywest

Subscribe
154  654  1054  1104  1144  1150  1151  1152  1153  1154  1155  1156  1157  1158  1164  1204  1254 
Page 1154 of 1519
Go to
Quote: What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting a different result.
Totes not the definition of insanity brah.

I'm really amazed at the yes voters that talk about how "next time we will get a big raise". How, "they won't even get to the end of these three years before they are back wanting to throw money at us".
I don't think anything fishy is going on with sapa, pilots are just kinda stupid.
Quote: Totes not the definition of insanity brah.

I'm really amazed at the yes voters that talk about how "next time we will get a big raise". How, "they won't even get to the end of these three years before they are back wanting to throw money at us".
I don't think anything fishy is going on with sapa, pilots are just kinda stupid.
Ding!
The main entry path to the majors is through the regionals, as such, everyone who wants to play that game must crawl through the minefield of poverty. Kinda like joyriding a '63 VW bug on the roads of Afghanistan, while fun, the IEDs make it a bit perilous. The industry is in for hard times, Republic is the latest victim, returning block hours for staffing reasons.
The big question is when will the first Regional close down? Those pilots will be picked up by other regionals, but how many CAs and senior FOs will go to the bottom of another Regional? Some might make it to the majors, but many will decide to do something else.
As the airlines shrink, upgrades will stagnate, who will want to be on reserve for 10 years?
This new pay package while great for first year newhires, it blows huge chunks for everyone else, and pilots, while not too bright, they have the ability to read a payscale, and see that 2nd thru 8th year, means lots of crashpadding and Top Ramen.
As Skywest continues to shrink, many pilots will go elsewhere or do something else.
Quote: Ding!
The main entry path to the majors is through the regionals, as such, everyone who wants to play that game must crawl through the minefield of poverty. Kinda like joyriding a '63 VW bug on the roads of Afghanistan, while fun, the IEDs make it a bit perilous. The industry is in for hard times, Republic is the latest victim, returning block hours for staffing reasons.
The big question is when will the first Regional close down? Those pilots will be picked up by other regionals, but how many CAs and senior FOs will go to the bottom of another Regional? Some might make it to the majors, but many will decide to do something else.
As the airlines shrink, upgrades will stagnate, who will want to be on reserve for 10 years?
This new pay package while great for first year newhires, it blows huge chunks for everyone else, and pilots, while not too bright, they have the ability to read a payscale, and see that 2nd thru 8th year, means lots of crashpadding and Top Ramen.
As Skywest continues to shrink, many pilots will go elsewhere or do something else.
If you're a 3.5-4 year captain (yes thats upgrade time now, most junior captain award is 10/25/11) and on a top bunk eating ramen, you're doing something wrong.
Quote: If you're a 3.5-4 year captain (yes thats upgrade time now, most junior captain award is 10/25/11) and on a top bunk eating ramen, you're doing something wrong.
Seriously. Second year pay at Skywest is 50,000 a year... If you can't live on that something is wrong. 1st year pay is now 35,000.
Quote: Seriously. Second year pay at Skywest is 50,000 a year... If you can't live on that something is wrong. 1st year pay is now 35,000.
I thought 2nd yr FO pay was $40 an hour, no?
Quote: I thought 2nd yr FO pay was $40 an hour, no?
Yup plus soft time/ per diem. It's gets you up there.
Quote: I thought 2nd yr FO pay was $40 an hour, no?
If you average credit of 100 hours per month. 1200 Hours X $40 is $48,000. Throw in about $6,000 for per diem, and then you have profit sharing. Give or take, it's going to be about $50,000 second year.

However, the CRJ-200 rate is ~$38/hr. second year.
Quote: If you average credit of 100 hours per month. 1200 Hours X $40 is $48,000. Throw in about $6,000 for per diem, and then you have profit sharing. Give or take, it's going to be about $50,000 second year.

However, the CRJ-200 rate is ~$38/hr. second year.
Wow, optimism abounds.
I'm on second year SKW pay and I'm on track to make 55K this year. I qualified for and bought a house this year, have a two year old car, motorcycle, and have plenty of fun in my off time. No help from the parents and yes I have student loans too. It's really not as bad as a lot of people on this forum make it out to be. No kids or wife tho. Life is good when you appreciate what you do have.
Quote: Wow, optimism abounds.
Optimism? Those are just numbers based on good information...
154  654  1054  1104  1144  1150  1151  1152  1153  1154  1155  1156  1157  1158  1164  1204  1254 
Page 1154 of 1519
Go to