Skywest

Subscribe
439  839  889  929  935  936  937  938  939  940  941  942  943  949  989  1039  1439 
Page 939 of 1519
Go to
Quote: hy are you on Skywest thread anyway?
I am just here to remind you that people hate skywest pilots, and we enjoy the fact that not unionizing is coming back to bite you in the butt. You all laughed at it and thought you were superior, but in the end you are quickly becoming the ultimate bottom feeder airline. That's all.
Quote: Let's not diminish the word scab. A scab is someone who crossed a picket line and there is no lower life form. Skywest pilots are not scabs because they are not union.
OK...what is worse than scab? I will call them that instead.

They can't even have a picket line. They damage the entire industry, and anyone that would choose to go and fly for skywest is thumbing their nose at the entire industry. They want the benefits from the union when it suits them, but are "too good" for a union the rest of the time.
Just out of curiosity what is the company doing to cause this discontent? I rarely run into Skywest crews and haven't heard of the actions the company is taking against the pilot group?
Quote: I am just here to remind you that people hate skywest pilots, and we enjoy the fact that not unionizing is coming back to bite you in the butt. You all laughed at it and thought you were superior, but in the end you are quickly becoming the ultimate bottom feeder airline. That's all.
I hate to burst your bubble but there is dozens leaving every month for mainline.
Quote: I hate to burst your bubble but there is dozens leaving every month for mainline.
I know. That is sad and I hope that it changes.

As more and more main line pilots are hired from their wholly owned regionals through flows and SSP's, that should leave fewer and fewer seats for skywest pilots to be able to take. That should really slow hiring down for you guys at the majors.
I wouldn't bet on it.
Look at the backlog of grievances at union regionals, how are those usually resolved? "Ok we won't do that again..." Look at how corrupt Eagles Union is, charging alcohol by the thousands of dollars. People aren't unionized at Skywest not because they care about 2% due payments (well some do I'm sure) or because they love SAPA, it's because they've seen the ineffectiveness of unions at the regional level, for example, eagle, com air, pinnacle...where were the unions when things went south? A union that represents both mainline and regional cannot in fairness equally support both pilot groups, since the goal of mainline pilots is their QOL and returning their flying or protecting their current flying, which of course has a direct impact on a regional Pilots QOL.

Unions are effective when there is transparency, leverage and unity, none of which are on offer at current unions. A Regionals livelihood is based on flexibility, because if you can't give a partner what they want, they will most certainly get it somewhere else. Think pilot shortage is a problem? Show someone a quick upgrade and they will trip do whatever it takes to get into that position, PSA and Compass aren't having trouble staffing because they got an abundance of new flying and this will continue, it's continouis cycle of flying being moved around from one regional to another.

My point is, get your time and get out if you can, no regional is ever safe.
Quote: I wouldn't bet on it.
That is already happening. Look at how many seats are available for non-WO'd pilots at AA. And, this whole shift in dynamics is just beginning.

Skywest pilots couldn't even cross a picket line at their company because they don't even have a union that can strike.

Any suggestions on a word worse than scab? I am taking suggestions.
Quote: Look at the backlog of grievances at union regionals, how are those usually resolved? "Ok we won't do that again..." Look at how corrupt Eagles Union is, charging alcohol by the thousands of dollars. People aren't unionized at Skywest not because they care about 2% due payments (well some do I'm sure) or because they love SAPA, it's because they've seen the ineffectiveness of unions at the regional level, for example, eagle, com air, pinnacle...where were the unions when things went south? A union that represents both mainline and regional cannot in fairness equally support both pilot groups, since the goal of mainline pilots is their QOL and returning their flying or protecting their current flying, which of course has a direct impact on a regional Pilots QOL.

Unions are effective when there is transparency, leverage and unity, none of which are on offer at current unions. A Regionals livelihood is based on flexibility, because if you can't give a partner what they want, they will most certainly get it somewhere else. Think pilot shortage is a problem? Show someone a quick upgrade and they will trip do whatever it takes to get into that position, PSA and Compass aren't having trouble staffing because they got an abundance of new flying and this will continue, it's continouis cycle of flying being moved around from one regional to another.

My point is, get your time and get out if you can, no regional is ever safe.
I understand your frustration, but a lot of those issues are directly caused by Skywest pilots and their refusal to be unionized. If we were all unionized, then we could work together to help make things better. As long as skywest pilots group is out there, it prevents all of the regionals from getting their own union.

It is directly your fault if you choose to work at skywest.
Quote: I understand your frustration, but a lot of those issues are directly caused by Skywest pilots and their refusal to be unionized. If we were all unionized, then we could work together to help make things better. As long as skywest pilots group is out there, it prevents all of the regionals from getting their own union.

It is directly your fault if you choose to work at skywest.
Alpa is doing a fantastic job at raising the bar at the regionals. PSA, PDT, ENVOY, 9E. I think your frustrations might be a little misguided.
439  839  889  929  935  936  937  938  939  940  941  942  943  949  989  1039  1439 
Page 939 of 1519
Go to