Tool of the day

Subscribe
50  90  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  110  150  200  600  1100 
Page 100 of 1239
Go to
My personal favorite. I was in Denver heading to lax and a pax comes up to me and asks me where her flight is leaving from, she says she doesn't see Denver anywhere on the monitors. I take a look at her boarding pass which says Tampa and confirm with her, " you're going to Tampa right?". She says but I don't see Denver anywhere. Confused, I ask her again " you're going to Tampa? Again she says the same, I don't see Denver anywhere. I said you are in Denver, you're going to Tampa ? She responds don't they list the flights by departure city?
I wish I would have had time to snap a picture but he was haulin ass on that Unicycle, pretty friggin hilarious thou, never seen a Unicyle captain before. No joke though I actually saw it.
Quote: OK, thanks.

The trip reference works the same way. The original post was in DALPA's forum, and taken out of context, i.e to infer that the other poster or I think the merger was an acquisition. The second post links back to the same person. The purpose is to paint me as an anti-North guy, whereas the guy I'm being compared to is not a DPA supporter. Score 2 for DPA.

I'm not pro-DPA, but I'm not anti-N.

Mea culpa for crossing the line on "outs". Won't happen again. Reference the original post, IMHO it came across as condescending and superior dressed up with a smiley face.
The tool of the day goes to an XJT captain out of IND. I had listed for the jumpseat, waited for over two hrs for the flight. Once the passengers were all loaded up I started to head on down when all of a sudden at the last minute an XJT guy shows up tells the gate agent not so fast and requests a jumpseat form. The XJT guy looks at me asks who I fly for and then said "well this aircraft is Skywest so that makes this my metal" and hands me a paper showing priority for jumpseaters.
Sure his priority might be higher being that XJT is owned by SkyWest but the way he addressed it was unprofessional in my book. This silver haired XJT captain really went about it the wrong way. Am I wrong?
Quote: Mea culpa for crossing the line on "outs". Won't happen again. Reference the original post, IMHO it came across as condescending and superior dressed up with a smiley face.
OK, thanks for the post. I thought it was meant as a joke, but you're right: sometimes a POS with a smiley is still a POS. Can't speak for the intentions of original poster, but I'm all for living beyond NvS, and hope you're same.
Quote: OK, thanks for the post. I thought it was meant as a joke, but you're right: sometimes a POS with a smiley is still a POS. Can't speak for the intentions of original poster, but I'm all for living beyond NvS, and hope you're same.

Agreed. See ya
Quote: The tool of the day goes to an XJT captain out of IND. I had listed for the jumpseat, waited for over two hrs for the flight. Once the passengers were all loaded up I started to head on down when all of a sudden at the last minute an XJT guy shows up tells the gate agent not so fast and requests a jumpseat form. The XJT guy looks at me asks who I fly for and then said "well this aircraft is Skywest so that makes this my metal" and hands me a paper showing priority for jumpseaters.
Sure his priority might be higher being that XJT is owned by SkyWest but the way he addressed it was unprofessional in my book. This silver haired XJT captain really went about it the wrong way. Am I wrong?
Tact, some have it and others don't.
Quote: My personal favorite. I was in Denver heading to lax and a pax comes up to me and asks me where her flight is leaving from, she says she doesn't see Denver anywhere on the monitors. I take a look at her boarding pass which says Tampa and confirm with her, " you're going to Tampa right?". She says but I don't see Denver anywhere. Confused, I ask her again " you're going to Tampa? Again she says the same, I don't see Denver anywhere. I said you are in Denver, you're going to Tampa ? She responds don't they list the flights by departure city?
Is that another blond joke?
Quote: The pilot (usually on a bus) that asks every controller they check in with for ride reports even though there is not a single ripple anywhere within 2000 miles.
I don't care about the rides at cruise. I just ask each center controller for a wind check at altitude. Although I always, always, ask for ride reports on short final.
Quote: I don't care about the rides at cruise. I just ask each center controller for a wind check at altitude. Although I always, always, ask for ride reports on short final.
Now that was funny.
50  90  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  110  150  200  600  1100 
Page 100 of 1239
Go to