Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 03:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by John Carr View Post

And since his panties are so twisted, could you imagine if it was an AA airplane

[/url]
Here's an AA one, this guy gets a TOTD as well:

"Damn regional jets!"

"P*ss off, man"

hahahaha

RJ wanted to wait a little bit longer due to wx/storms/windshear, and even when windshear alerts were gone he wanted 2 minutes. AA wanted him out of the way and just go. Call them out, damn regional jets, and once it's his turn to take the runway, the AA guy screws up a simple readback to line up and wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnjq2TcbBVo
Old 09-18-2018, 04:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Is the "Captain Happy" bit a reference to an actual person? What's the backstory?

Disregard, Google was my friend.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

This guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPjqieb6R_0

Despite the video title, it's not a Delta pilot. It's hard to make what he's saying, but it basically looks like he isn't getting on the flight.

1:42 "this is frustrating, I've never left you guys behind when you're in the back"

2:15 sounds like hand slamming the desk

3:52 "that's an MD80, right? "No, that's an Airbus." and then more arguing, with her finally saying "I'm just trying to do my job."

If you're arguing 4 minutes with a gate agent about getting on a flight, you already lost. If it's a DH, call scheduling and get them to fix it. If it's nonrev or jumpseating, walk away and take the next flight. What does one hope to accomplish by arguing?
Old 09-24-2018, 08:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
This guy.

Despite the video title, it's not a Delta pilot. It's hard to make what he's saying, but it basically looks like he isn't getting on the flight.

1:42 "this is frustrating, I've never left you guys behind when you're in the back"

2:15 sounds like hand slamming the desk

3:52 "that's an MD80, right? "No, that's an Airbus." and then more arguing, with her finally saying "I'm just trying to do my job."

If you're arguing 4 minutes with a gate agent about getting on a flight, you already lost. If it's a DH, call scheduling and get them to fix it. If it's nonrev or jumpseating, walk away and take the next flight. What does one hope to accomplish by arguing?

I took the video and took out the background noise, this is what I could make out to the best of my ability.

If anyone else wants to take a crack at it just download the audio from the video into the sound editor of your choice. I used audacity with a treble cut EQ.
***THIS ARE NOT EXACT QUOTES IT IS WHAT I COULD MAKE OUT AFTER EQUALIZATION***

agent; I have to check. I tried to put you on the standby list.
CA: I wanna wait to see if I can get on. Im skipping you guys.

agent; I cant. I tried to put you on the standby list, I cannot put you on the standby list.

customer: hes in public for god sakes show some respect man. your a pilot dude you work for delta show some respect.

agent; i turn my back for...{unintelligble}

pilot; i wish everyone at skywest had to [sounds like "deal with this for a week"]

pilot: well take a hike?

2:11 [sound similar to hand slamming on desk]

pilot: let me know my options i need you to help me

2:40 pilot: ill take a walk, ill...

pilot: got two of em (possibly referring to number of jumpseats on aircraft)

pilot: well {maybe or then] ill get lost thats what ill do.

--from shyguys post

also going onto SGs post she says

agent:I am doing my job the way the company tells me...no it doe not work {like that?}
then gate agent says

that is not allowed...

But still regardless of what I heard on the recording its still def a TOTD move. Remember there are always other flights. THIS is why commuter clauses exist. So crews dont argue or berate gate agents who are just doing their jobs.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by TCASTESTOK View Post
I took the video and took out the background noise, this is what I could make out to the best of my ability.

If anyone else wants to take a crack at it just download the audio from the video into the sound editor of your choice. I used audacity with a treble cut EQ.
***THIS ARE NOT EXACT QUOTES IT IS WHAT I COULD MAKE OUT AFTER EQUALIZATION***

agent; I have to check. I tried to put you on the standby list.
CA: I wanna wait to see if I can get on. Im skipping you guys.

agent; I cant. I tried to put you on the standby list, I cannot put you on the standby list.

customer: hes in public for god sakes show some respect man. your a pilot dude you work for delta show some respect.

agent; i turn my back for...{unintelligble}

pilot; i wish everyone at skywest had to [sounds like "deal with this for a week"]

pilot: well take a hike?

2:11 [sound similar to hand slamming on desk]

pilot: let me know my options i need you to help me

2:40 pilot: ill take a walk, ill...

pilot: got two of em (possibly referring to number of jumpseats on aircraft)

pilot: well {maybe or then] ill get lost thats what ill do.

--from shyguys post

also going onto SGs post she says

agent:I am doing my job the way the company tells me...no it doe not work {like that?}
then gate agent says

that is not allowed...

But still regardless of what I heard on the recording its still def a TOTD move. Remember there are always other flights. THIS is why commuter clauses exist. So crews dont argue or berate gate agents who are just doing their jobs.

This is why the Captain should “make the walk” to check for Jumpseaters and standbys. Had that happened, this would have been a non event. Captain comes out, sees pilot, directs agent to print Jumpseat authorization card, case closed.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by Guppydriver95 View Post
This is why the Captain should “make the walk” to check for Jumpseaters and standbys. Had that happened, this would have been a non event. Captain comes out, sees pilot, directs agent to print Jumpseat authorization card, case closed.
This....

I have a personal pre-flight checklist which includes, but not limited to:

1) Pre-flight pee (or potty for the easily offended) Check...
2) Coffee, tea, or soda...
3) A walk up the jet way to look for any pilots, flight attendants, dispatchers, or other non-rev waiting for a seat...
4) To say goodbye to the gate agents and thank them for what they do...
Old 09-25-2018, 12:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Keizer Soze View Post
This....

I have a personal pre-flight checklist which includes, but not limited to:

1) Pre-flight pee (or potty for the easily offended) Check...
2) Coffee, tea, or soda...
3) A walk up the jet way to look for any pilots, flight attendants, dispatchers, or other non-rev waiting for a seat...
4) To say goodbye to the gate agents and thank them for what they do...
The only way you could tell if there were any dispatchers trying to jump is well they dont really have a uniform, they just dress business casual with their id lanyard and passport.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by TCASTESTOK View Post
The only way you could tell if there were any dispatchers trying to jump is well they dont really have a uniform, they just dress business casual with their id lanyard and passport.
Why are you trying to explain that to him
Old 09-25-2018, 01:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
This guy.

10 to 1 that this is Delta "weight restricted" BS issues we have all experienced. BS gets a pilot to act this way. "I've never left guys behind when there are seats in the back".

Personally a Delta agent blocked me from taking one of many many wide open seats due to weight restrictions on a 3 hour A320 flight with no need for an alternate or enroute deviation. Maybe a motor was broke.
The other guy gave the agent a little attitude but I walked away. The Delta pilot that did make the weight cut said "good luck"...captain didn't come up.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by 8ballfreight View Post
10 to 1 that this is Delta "weight restricted" BS issues we have all experienced. BS gets a pilot to act this way. "I've never left guys behind when there are seats in the back".

Personally a Delta agent blocked me from taking one of many many wide open seats due to weight restrictions on a 3 hour A320 flight with no need for an alternate or enroute deviation. Maybe a motor was broke.
The other guy gave the agent a little attitude but I walked away. The Delta pilot that did make the weight cut said "good luck"...captain didn't come up.
If it was SLC with high temps and one of the old A320’s not only possible but probable. They are weight restricted all the time.