Tool of the day

Subscribe
85  585  985  1035  1075  1081  1082  1083  1084  1085  1086  1087  1088  1089  1095  1135  1185 
Page 1085 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Why so serious?
...even added a . Next time I'll use a

I do admit - "Wind check" "winds calm" can be a bit TOTDish
Quote: Wind check!!!!
"calm".........
Quote: Performing my walk around the aircraft in ATL, no safety vest on because the aircraft doesn't have one and we don't have any extra available according to mx. Non-reving Delta FO boards while I'm outside, walks up front to tell the CA that I'm not wearing my safety vest.

This guy was the crown jewel of tools.
At least it's not a reflector belt
Quote: Performing my walk around the aircraft in ATL, no safety vest on because the aircraft doesn't have one and we don't have any extra available according to mx. Non-reving Delta FO boards while I'm outside, walks up front to tell the CA that I'm not wearing my safety vest.

This guy was the crown jewel of tools.
Maybe hes concerned about your safety?
Quote: I asked for a wind check, twice, until they told me yeah looks like they are unreliable. We had a 20kts tailwind all the way down. They swapped runways after we landed.

So, I disagree wind check makes you a TOTD
What about someone who posts on APC and basically admits they landed with a 20 kt tailwind. What a/c do you fly? Tailwind limits?

Not much point in asking for a wind check or using on board displays if you just end up ignoring them and landing anyway.
Quote: Maybe hes concerned about your safety?
He might have mentioned it because the Delta people have been informed that pilots not wearing safety vests in ATL are not allowed on the ramp under any circumstances and if seen by the airport police will be issued summons that carry a substantial fine. He probably was trying to keep your bank account from taking a serious hit!
If they said no vests available tell them departure is not possible. I bet they would find a vest or borrow one.
Quote: Are you suggesting anyone asking for a wind check is a TOTD candidate?
Try yesterday in KDAL, when ATIS winds were something, but in reality they were something completely different. I asked for a wind check, twice, until they told me yeah looks like they are unreliable. We had a 20kts tailwind all the way down. They swapped runways after we landed.

So, I disagree wind check makes you a TOTD
Did you land with a 20 knot tailwind?
Quote: atl atc... “hey sprit since when are you not allowed to accept LAHSO? we didn’t get this information here nor did anyone of my colleagues nationally. Just curious why all of a sudden for the change right now?” Fo “ the skipper said he has worked here 14 years and never been able to do them.” Heard a few other strange things lately from 380 to taxiway Dixie.
On what runway in ATL would you be conducting LAHSO? I’ve been there once or twice and don’t remember any intersecting runways.
Quote: On what runway in ATL would you be conducting LAHSO? I’ve been there once or twice and don’t remember any intersecting runways.
Runway crossing for taxi
Land on Dixie and hold short of Echo?
85  585  985  1035  1075  1081  1082  1083  1084  1085  1086  1087  1088  1089  1095  1135  1185 
Page 1085 of 1239
Go to