Tool of the day

Subscribe
129  179  219  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  239  279  329  729  1229 
Page 229 of 1239
Go to
u fin ta goe...we dun bin up in dare!
What's up with the 1* heading bug monitors? I can understand if it's off by a bunch, but really? One Degree? I'm OK with it somewhere around 5-10 degrees either side or so, but every 60 miles, "click." It's got to be the ultimate demonstration of analness.
Quote: What's up with the 1* heading bug monitors? I can understand if it's off by a bunch, but really? One Degree? I'm OK with it somewhere around 5-10 degrees either side or so, but every 60 miles, "click." It's got to be the ultimate demonstration of analness.
I had a captain once who had the autopilot on in cruise and he'd look over "do you mind centering my heading bug for me?"... Dude seriously?? Reach up and push the heading center.. Soooo much effort!!!
Quote: I had a captain once who had the autopilot on in cruise and he'd look over "do you mind centering my heading bug for me?"... Dude seriously?? Reach up and push the heading center.. Soooo much effort!!!
I personally enjoy watching people squirm when I put it behind us, or off like 130 degrees. I don't care where it is. It take .2 seconds for it to be centered again.
[QUOTE=captjns;

After all, I am a sponsor who made your paycheck possible yesterday.[/QUOTE]

"Hey officer...you can't write me a ticket. My taxes pay your salary."
It works every time.
Quote: I had a captain once who had the autopilot on in cruise and he'd look over "do you mind centering my heading bug for me?"... Dude seriously?? Reach up and push the heading center.. Soooo much effort!!!
You should have asked if he wanted it centered on Magnetic or True.

Five bucks says he's still thinking about it when it's time to land.
Quote:
You should have asked if he wanted it centered on Magnetic or True.

Five bucks says he's still thinking about it when it's time to land.
Haha! Nice. Will have to find some funny stuff to say.

Good thing I bid to fly with the cool dudes and ladies nowadays.(aka everyone in DCA except 4 people).
These guys aren't tools, but just a pet peeve of mine...

Since we're talking about heading bugs, why do some people insist on leaving the bug 1 or 2 degrees off the assigned heading? It's just as easy to fly 040 as it is to fly 041...
Quote: These guys aren't tools, but just a pet peeve of mine...

Since we're talking about heading bugs, why do some people insist on leaving the bug 1 or 2 degrees off the assigned heading? It's just as easy to fly 040 as it is to fly 041...
To make the Air Force guys squirm?
Quote: To make the Air Force guys squirm?
There's a guy in my squadron who would squirm at that very issue!
129  179  219  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  239  279  329  729  1229 
Page 229 of 1239
Go to