Tool of the day

Subscribe
14  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  34  74  124  524  1024 
Page 24 of 1239
Go to
I finally got something to contribute today. Driving in heavy Metroplex traffic, some jackass cuts me off in his very chick-like Mercedes convertible and proceeds to drive very slow. While normally a tool-ish maneuver, what put the icing on the cake was his car had Embry Riddle plates on it.
...on the erj and obviously only I and the captain were in front, while suddenly a stench circulates inside the flight deck. I know it didn't come from me, so i look at him and he acts like he smells nothing!!! MAN UP and claim it, especially if it makes your eyes water !
Quote: chances this thread ever exceeds the latest and greatest at Delta?

i say, 70% chance and thats only because L&G got a 95,000 post head start.

Only a 70% chance?

Well, I've heard that 95% of statistics are made up on the spot, and 60% of the time, it works every time!

And 90% of Winning is 50% preparataion...or something like that!
Quote: ...on the erj and obviously only I and the captain were in front, while suddenly a stench circulates inside the flight deck. I know it didn't come from me, so i look at him and he acts like he smells nothing!!! MAN UP and claim it, especially if it makes your eyes water !

Old saying: Two people in an elevator, one of them farts, they both know who did it.
Quote: Oscar,

What I included in parenthesis was only used as an example of what the Regional Captain thought he was emulating. (e.g. Wear his Regional Capt. uniform, much like someone would wear their Class A's.)

I absolutely have no problem with people in the military, as I am too, wearing their formal dress to formal events. I just don't see a Regional (or Major for that matter) airline uniform being enough for a formal event.

My bad if I didn't explain it well enough in my first post.

GJ

P.S. You're not a "tool". You work for SWA!! Just ask TSquare, nobody that works for SWA is a tool!!

My bad too there GJ. While I still think it was a tad bit confusing I now see what you were saying. I would never wear my airline uniform anywhere but work. For some reason my Dad wanted to be buried in his airline uniform. Since he was retired AF who was I to argue.

The Oscar
Quote: For some reason my Dad wanted to be buried in his airline uniform. Since he was retired AF who was I to argue.
A Marine afraid to argue with a Zoomie? Say it ain't so!
Quote: High School reunion, 20th. Classmate shows up wearing his Class A Air Force blues, complete with lovely ascot. Regales us with tales of dark, stormy nights full of danger and thrills. Now you have him, Delta.
Oh crap! I have to backtrack a bit. The one time I didn't get lucky was my ten year class reunion. I show up in my blues and have been seated by 3 former girlfriends (two with husbands). I felt very fortunate to escape with my life. The looks with daggers were extreme but like a good Marine I attacked into the ambush. Just wasn't even think about getting lucky. I would still like to get a hold of the person who made up the seating arrangement.

The Oscar
Quote: A Marine afraid to argue with a Zoomie? Say it ain't so!
Unfortunately it was one of his last requests and again, who was I to argue.
Quote: High School reunion, 20th. Classmate shows up wearing his Class A Air Force blues, complete with lovely ascot. Regales us with tales of dark, stormy nights full of danger and thrills. Now you have him, Delta.
Ascot boy better be a Thunderbird pilot. And only if he flew a show on his way to the reunion.
Quote: Man, I hate flying with a gung-ho FFDO. I don't have a problem with the program per se, but some of those guys are just nuts. I've flown with a few that can't seem to talk about anything else. One guy spent the entire three day trip doing nothing but telling me stories about all the different threat info they get from their FFDO website. This guy's whole life was defined by all the things he was afraid of. I finally had to just cut him off and tell him I didn't want to hear anymore of it. Got pretty quiet after that.
My thought process on the FFDO program was anyone who applied in the first six months should be disqualified. Too eager and there has to be a mental issues involved in being too eager.

The Oscar
14  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  34  74  124  524  1024 
Page 24 of 1239
Go to