Tool of the day

Subscribe
123  523  573  613  619  620  621  622  623  624  625  626  627  633  673  723  1123 
Page 623 of 1239
Go to
Quote: She sat in her seat and cried for 2.5 hours. Ummm sorry, not to sound heartless, but that sounds strange. Even if the FAs were heartless and unsympathetic to her plight, NO ONE around her intervened? Methinks it's another case of "let's put an airline in a bad light and cash in on it."
You and skyhigh should get married.
Quote: Irrelevant. No, it doesn't, unless you are a gazillion-mile FF member. Besides which surfing the internet was not going to help in this situation.
Very relevant. She waited 2.5 hours to notify the police when she landed. He had already injested pills before texting her. He needed IMMEDIATE medical help. I live in a rural country county, but even the Sheriffs Deptartment has a website and 24 hour monitored email and text. She could have contacted her local EMS that way hours earlier than she did.
Quote: If so, isn't AIRLINE one word?
Only for the riff raff
[QUOTE=SayAlt;1882635]Irrelevant. No, it doesn't, unless you are a gazillion-mile FF member. Besides which surfing the internet was not going to help in this situation.

Yes I guess the internet is only for surfing.Silly me I thought you can also text and send messages to people and try to get help.
I'll nominate the jump seater I just had. We were given a direct to off a heading after climbing through a higher altitude. He spoke up and told us we weren't direct while still climbing to that altitude. If you're going to backseat drive when we're sharing our cockpit with you, at least be right.
Quote: I'll nominate the jump seater I just had. We were given a direct to off a heading after climbing through a higher altitude. He spoke up and told us we weren't direct while still climbing to that altitude. If you're going to backseat drive when we're sharing our cockpit with you, at least be right.
Just out of curiosity, what was the clearance?

The way I understand your statement it was something like this:
"Boozer 1234, cleared direct ABCD after reaching FL350."

If this is the case, doesn't that mean ATC expects you to continue the climb on the present heading and then turn direct after reaching the specified altitude?

If this is not the case, I am not understanding your scenario.
Quote: Just out of curiosity, what was the clearance?

If this is the case, doesn't that mean ATC expects you to continue the climb on the present heading and then turn direct after reaching the specified altitude?

I think the clearance was as you stated so he kept on the heading and continued climbing.. The JSer said " you're not going direct". Which he wasn't supposed to yet.

I had to read it twice but that's what I gathered the second time.
Quote: Just out of curiosity, what was the clearance?

Probably more like climb to FL350...passing FL260 cleared direct XXXXX. They didn't turn direct after passing FL260 and the jumpseater caught it. Nice backup.
Even if the JS wasn't right, I would rather have his input rather none. CRM includes ALL members of the flight deck.
123  523  573  613  619  620  621  622  623  624  625  626  627  633  673  723  1123 
Page 623 of 1239
Go to