Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 01:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 767A (Ret)

Originally Posted by thevagabond View Post
What "paper"work was he waiting for off the gate at spot 1 blocking the alley that couldn't be delivered in one of the blocks?
Charmin ultra strong. The F/A had to bring a roll from the aft lav.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Living the Dream

Joined APC: Sep 2013

How about this guy?
Originally Posted by Czech Airman View Post
Since most regionals sell ALL their seats to a particular legacy or are wholly owned by a legacy, I think the same legacy pilots should have jumpseat priority over the regional pilots of whose airline is operating the flight.

The legacy bought ALL the seats on a regional. Therefore, ALL the seats should go to the legacy including the jumpseat. Mainline bought it, mainline owns it.
Since mainline purchases ALL the seats on your RJ, mainline basically "chartered" your flight and should control who rides on it, including the jumpseat. Mainline should take care of it's own first.

Since ALPA is a mainline controlled entity, ALPA National should be more vocal in demanding that regionals yield their jumpseats to wanting mainline pilots.

I'm so sick and tired of just having coasted in from a crossing and trying to get home and walking up to the gate on the only flight home that is an oversold RJ and finding out that the j/s is occupied by some newhire regional "punk" (stereotypical spikey, backpack toting unprofessional appearance) When asked if he would yield the j/s to a senior mainline pilot, you get the "sorry dude, no can do". Yet this "dude" will be sucking up to the next mainliner when he's on a mainline j/s, hoping to get a rec. Sorry dude, no can do.
It works both ways.... Think about it. Is it better to get home a few hours earlier than to p/o a potentially influential mainliner, who could have a negative impact on your entire future?
My mind is sound. In fact, the vast majority of mainliners agree with me, whether they will admit to it publicly or not.

Like it or not, there is and always has been a hierarchy amongst airline pilots, with mainline pilots at the top. You might not like it during your short stint at the regionals, but when you have a much longer career at mainline, being continually sh#t on by regional pilots will get you irritated in short order. It's human nature to looks for ways to retaliate against those who sh#t on you and if keeping you at a regional by blackballing you at my mainline, then so be it.
You are right with the exception that the pilots would be "real" mainline pilots, not regional pilots. They would be pilots hired by mainline, vetted by mainline and trained by mainline. IOW, most regional pilots wouldn't qualify to fly the jet under mainline even though they are flying it with a regional.

Be careful what you wish for. You guys want to be at mainline so bad, that you will end up excluding most of you because you aren't mainline Tier 1 candidates.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Pretty sure this guy is trolling hard. No one acts like that.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Originally Posted by deltajuliet View Post
How about this guy?
Wow. How about tool of 2015? What a complete and utter TOOL (which is not the actual word that is fitting in this case).

Wonder if they readjust the BOW to take into account the size and mass of his ego.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: MD-11 FO

Originally Posted by 50SeatsofGrey View Post
Pretty sure this guy is trolling hard. No one acts like that.
Can I introduce you to some United pilots, then?
Old 11-20-2015, 06:35 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Cap

Originally Posted by EMBFlyer View Post
Can I introduce you to some United pilots, then?
Says the Legacy USAirways pilot.....
Old 11-21-2015, 04:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: MD-11 FO

Originally Posted by gettinbumped View Post
Says the Legacy USAirways pilot.....
Never been treated worse on a Jumpseat or when trying to get a jumpseat than I have by United guys.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: A320 Left seat

Never been treated worse on a Jumpseat or when trying to get a jumpseat than I have by United guys.
I've ridden on UAL a lot and they've always been great to me. Even when I worked for Mesa, they were always happy to help me get home.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:53 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

All the UAL Captains I've ever dealt with for the jumpseat not only treated me great, but asked the F/A to move me to 1st class if it was available. Perhaps the common denominator isn't UAL...
Old 11-21-2015, 01:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010

Probably the 2% rule. My best jumpseat experiences have been on United and Southwest. My worst experiences were on Southwest and United.