Tool of the day

Subscribe
442  842  892  932  938  939  940  941  942  943  944  945  946  952  992  1042 
Page 942 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Just FYI, this is a TSA violation that can get you, and everyone else, in some hot water. We got a memo about this awhile back at UAL. Once the bag has been tagged it MUST be checked. Unfortunately some agents are quite obstructionist about the whole thing. Sure makes me appreciate jumping on airlines like SWA that usually let me pre-board, or Alaska and Virgin that will kindly put a gate-check tag on there for me
That's what I thought, too. I'm pretty sure when bags are gate checked, they're scanned into the system, which could lead to problems if it doesn't show up down below. Not 100% sure, though.

BTW, jetBlue is also WONDERFUL about gate checking crew member's bags.
Usually the gate agent at the desk doesn't scan the bag into the system. That's done by the rampers at the bottom of the jetbridge right before the area you get on the plane, where the door is leading to the ramp. They'll scan it then and take it out the door. I haven't heard of the chute by the gate agent system. In that case it's probably scanned right there.
Quote: Usually the gate agent at the desk doesn't scan the bag into the system. That's done by the rampers at the bottom of the jetbridge right before the area you get on the plane, where the door is leading to the ramp. They'll scan it then and take it out the door. I haven't heard of the chute by the gate agent system. In that case it's probably scanned right there.
You're correct for the most part, but I've seen scanning done at the counter by either supervisors (not sure if gate or ramp). May just be an occasional jetBlue thing, though.
I can't tell if you guys are talking about ripping off valet-tags (pink, green or red colored) or white tagged checked luggage.

I recently found out that some e-145 operators can't allow wheeled luggage in the cabin even if it fits.
Quote: I can't tell if you guys are talking about ripping off valet-tags (pink, green or red colored) or white tagged checked luggage.

I recently found out that some e-145 operators can't allow wheeled luggage in the cabin even if it fits.
This is correct. Roll-a-board luggage at my regional was not permitted in the cabin. Only the small personal item. I believe part of the reason was the certified W/B program was based on only the small personal item.
I nominate the Delta baggage handler or TSA agent who took the time to untie a tightly knotted, heavy cloth ribbon attached to the handle of my girlfriends roller bag, remove two charms and then sloppily retie it.

The ribbon was tied right next to her "Delta Flight Crew" luggage tag.
Quote: Tool of the day is..... https://mobile.twitter.com/JiHyun42
Well that's a certified whackadoodle!
Quote: This is always the story when commuting on AA.
I've had the same experience. One gate agent hero made me check a garment bag on the way to an interview. Get onboard and sure enough, bins are AT MOST 3/4 full and the crew are asking if they can stow a bag for me
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jluv2Frwj8M
Quote: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jluv2Frwj8M
Vlogging hard.
Disbelief.
442  842  892  932  938  939  940  941  942  943  944  945  946  952  992  1042 
Page 942 of 1239
Go to