What's the Latest at ASA/Expressjet?

Subscribe
51  451  501  541  547  548  549  550  551  552  553  554  555  561  601  651  1051 
Page 551 of 1068
Go to
Quote: Yes... because
1. They shared that information with you and
2. The first stop publicly traded companies make on the path to profitability is "screw it just shut it down"
No, they shrink them back to profitability:

Best Buy to Close Stores, Slash Jobs - ABC News
Quote: No, they shrink them back to profitability:

Best Buy to Close Stores, Slash Jobs - ABC News
That's regular businesses. Not regional airlines with unionized work forces that don't have any real product to offer since they are just contracted out.

If it was easier to do so, you would see a new regional start up every 5 years, the others shutting down every 5. Just like they do with contract stations for rampers/gate agents. We saw regionals handling their own planes, they got paid too much after 20-30 years, then other regional carriers took over with the lowest bidders winning, then regional elite undercut them, now DGS. All of them using the same equipment, just mostly new people, or the same people who took massive pay cuts.

I highly doubt any pilot has or will ever hear how long INC has given BH to get things up to speed. But when you have XJT, Eagle, and RAH with a combined 10,000+ pilots making a unified NO voice heard to concessions, that speaks volumes to every management team out there. (Assuming RAH votes no today).
Quote: Yes... because
1. They shared that information with you and
2. The first stop publicly traded companies make on the path to profitability is "screw it just shut it down"

Pretty much.. We are the next Comair. Doesn't matter if we are publicly traded or not. That is not a safety net, and yes we can be shut down if we are not making money. We are not the government. All I can tell you is have your apps out and try to get out.
Quote: Pretty much.. We are the next Comair. Doesn't matter if we are publicly traded or not. That is not a safety net, and yes we can be shut down if we are not making money. We are not the government. All I can tell you is have your apps out and try to get out.
Deep breathes. Negotiating tactics. INC isn't going to just Comair the entire airline. There are plenty of profitable pieces at ExpressJet. I'd be willing to guess a bankruptcy filing would be in order before they just dissolve their billion-dollar investment. In fact, I'm surprised they haven't done that yet. Perfect excuse to force the pilots into a JCBA, shed loss-making CPA's and other financial burdens, force Delta and United back to the negotiating table to secure new CPA's that actually make sense.

The only reason I can think of that is holding them back is that it would tank INC's credit rating and they might have trouble financing all those shiny new large RJ's on order. How many are there again? 400+ including options? I seriously doubt SkyWest Airlines alone could staff all that even if they parked the entire existing fleet.

Yea, we're not going anywhere.
Quote: Deep breathes. Negotiating tactics. INC isn't going to just Comair the entire airline. There are plenty of profitable pieces at ExpressJet. I'd be willing to guess a bankruptcy filing would be in order before they just dissolve their billion-dollar investment. In fact, I'm surprised they haven't done that yet. Perfect excuse to force the pilots into a JCBA, shed loss-making CPA's and other financial burdens, force Delta and United back to the negotiating table to secure new CPA's that actually make sense.

The only reason I can think of that is holding them back is that it would tank INC's credit rating and they might have trouble financing all those shiny new large RJ's on order. How many are there again? 400+ including options? I seriously doubt SkyWest Airlines alone could staff all that even if they parked the entire existing fleet.

Yea, we're not going anywhere.

I like the way you think, it is a positive outlook. However, i'm not so optimistic. I hope what I said does not come true.
Quote: I like the way you think, it is a positive outlook. However, i'm not so optimistic. I hope what I said does not come true.
If only you guys got those 717s...
Quote: If only you guys got those 717s...
Lol, that was the funniest rumor I had ever heard! Never a chance!
Quote: If only you guys got those 717s...
It still might happen.
Quote: It still might happen.
Are you really that stupid or am I missing something?
Quote: Are you really that stupid or am I missing something?
Yep your missing something.
51  451  501  541  547  548  549  550  551  552  553  554  555  561  601  651  1051 
Page 551 of 1068
Go to