Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
137  537  587  627  633  634  635  636  637  638  639  640  641  647  687  737 
Page 637 of 1123
Go to
Quote: I didn't think the rec's from airline apps got looked at until your interview. I had 3 of my rec's (1 CA, 2 FO's) submit the email rec through Delta.net and got an interview within a month. Maybe just a coincidence. Anyone else know?
Not sure if they get looked at if they are on airlineapps, but I can give verification that if they are sent to the pilot selection email from someone from Delta recommending you, your application is reviewed- confirmed this from a recruiter. It doesn't mean you will get an invite, but it means your app is looked at and will get some score. If you are former military, have a good gpa, and done additional stuff - community service, volunteer work, safety stuff, etc. there is a good chance you will be hearing from them.

Again, this is all information I have from an actual DL recruiter. Good luck!
Quote: I didn't think the rec's from airline apps got looked at until your interview. I had 3 of my rec's (1 CA, 2 FO's) submit the email rec through Delta.net and got an interview within a month. Maybe just a coincidence. Anyone else know?
I flew with a guy on the interview team. He said the LOR will help to get you the invite for the interview but the panel that actually interviews you do not see them. This keeps them impartial.
Quote: I flew with a guy on the interview team. He said the LOR will get you the invite for the interview but the panel that actually interviews you do not see them. This keeps them impartial.
Well, if that's what the guy said.......

......but below is a copy-paste of what the DAL employee receives after they've submitted a rec via the detlanet link;

Quote:
Although we can’t guarantee that an invitation to interview will result, we can guarantee that we’ll review their application. This is a courtesy that we extend to all candidates who are recommended by current or former Delta employees. And, if the candidate is competitive with our current applicant pool, we’ll be happy to extend an invitation to interview.
I have corrected that. I added "help" to that sentence. That main point was the interviewers do not have that information when they are interviewing you and making their decision.
Quote: but I can give verification that if they are sent to the pilot selection email from someone from Delta recommending you, your application is reviewed
I just finished indoc last week and heard it straight from O.C. Miller's mouth. It does not mean you are guaranteed an interview it just guarantees that your app will be reviewed. Delta doesn't use the computer to score your app or select you for the interview, it's done manually.
Quote: I just finished indoc last week and heard it straight from O.C. Miller's mouth. It does not mean you are guaranteed an interview it just guarantees that your app will be reviewed. Delta doesn't use the computer to score your app or select you for the interview, it's done manually.
I also heard app screening is done manually. Was surprised to hear that, but the sources were reliable.
Quote: I flew with a guy on the interview team. He said the LOR will help to get you the invite for the interview but the panel that actually interviews you do not see them. This keeps them impartial.
That wasn't true in 2007. I know the panel had my LOR's and read them before I came in. Not sure what they do now.
Quote: I just finished indoc last week and heard it straight from O.C. Miller's mouth. It does not mean you are guaranteed an interview it just guarantees that your app will be reviewed. Delta doesn't use the computer to score your app or select you for the interview, it's done manually.
I think you were responding to confirm what I mentioned. They do use a computer scoring system for some parts of the grade, but you are correct about someone personally looking at it to score it as well. I'm not sure if there is something that gets one over a particular threshold and then a person looks at it - hence tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 categories.
Great info and many thanks to you all....Anyone know what "tier" they seem to be pulling from right now? Obviously tier 1's are a hot commodity (not just at DL), but have they got into 2's, or even 3's yet?.... It seems to be well known that the internal link will get an applicant a look, but after that does it matter how many LOR's are on file? One would think the more the better, but is that necessarily the case these days or is it more the app itself that sells it? Reading through this thread a bit, the speculation appears to be the application gets the interview not the LOR. Anyway, best of luck to everyone and Merry Xmass!
When they manually pull the app do they even see the LORs on file on AirlineApps? Asking because when you go to look at your application they don't show up
137  537  587  627  633  634  635  636  637  638  639  640  641  647  687  737 
Page 637 of 1123
Go to