jetBlue Hiring

Subscribe
87  137  177  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  197  237  287  687  1187 
Page 187 of 1434
Go to
45min w/ out traffic, 1:45min probably worst case w/ traffic.
Quote: though I still kind of wonder what living in Boston would be like.
Anyone thinking about it should do it!

The good:
Lots of awesome restaurants, bars, museums, within walking distance or quick ride on the T. Sox games at Fenway (or just boozing on Landsdowne St next to the park if you can't get tickets), Bruins games at the Garden, sailing little boats on the Charles, lots of live music, jogging on the esplanade, walking the dog through the commons. Going from my couch to the terminal in 30mins or less is nice. It is all fun whether you are single, or married. Back Bay, North End, parts of Cambridge, South End, parts of South Boston are all awesome.

The bad:
Tourists and duck boats get annoying. Endless noise and sirens, but eventually it becomes relaxing. You really have to be ready to downsize your furniture for sure, 650sq ft fills up fast! Having a car is a hassle and expensive (I paid $300/mo just for parking). Live close to a T stop, because dragging your overnight bag through snow sucks.
Quote: Boston question

Anyone live just across state lines in New Hampshire and drive into BOS for work?....taxes

Trying to decide about moving to a JR base to eliminate the commute!

Hoping for the 320

Hawk - fellow AIA here, PBG - went to school in southern NH, lots of family in BOS. Not sure which paradise you're coming from but PM me if you need any insight about New England.
Quote:
Bruins games at the Garden
That's not the Garden dude...
Quote: That's not the Garden dude...
Ummmmm what!? Lol
I live the first exit on the coast in NH (not Seabrook.) I am also from here, I can answer any questions you may have as well.

I leave my door 1 hour prior to show or 1:25 before if it's peak rush hour. The traffic on 95 and route 1 is very predicable. Normal rush hour will make your :45 commute closer to 1:00-1:15. Coming home isn't as bad and 1:00 in rush hour is pretty standard.
Quote: That's not the Garden dude...
Not a Bruins or Rangers fan but:

TD Garden | New England's Premier Sports and Entertainment Arena

Google says: "The arena home at Boston, Massachusetts, of the Celtics, Bruins, and many other sports and ..."
I think what he meant is that usually when you hear the reference "Garden" you think of Madison Square Garden.
Quote: I think what he meant is that usually when you hear the reference "Garden" you think of Madison Square Garden.
Not in boston! Lol no NY references hahaha
Sorry for the confusion. I was just pointing out that the TD Garden is not the Garden. Anyone from Boston will know that the real Garden was torn down. As for the Garden in New York, it was a late night and I can't think of a way to differentiate how they sound when spoken. Maybe Gahhden (Boston) and Gaarden (NYC)? Basically the lack of an 'r' vs a soft 'r'.
87  137  177  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  197  237  287  687  1187 
Page 187 of 1434
Go to