jetBlue Hiring

Subscribe
291  691  741  781  787  788  789  790  791  792  793  794  795  801  841  891  1291 
Page 791 of 1434
Go to
jetBlue Hiring
Duplicate post...
Quote: That's what I think too. Why giving the extra information that you already decided you going to commute?

He said he lives in JAX and likes the Mco base. Knowing he would have to commute a couple years he mentioned the ease at which he could do so out of JAX.

I don't see a bad answer there. It is pretty much exactly what I said in my interview.
Quote: DFT...

can I pickup up on these days? And still be pay protected for it? Or can I only VDA, RTF, RSA?
Enough picking up RSA everyone! It lowers the QOL for everyone.
It's not hard too understand, is it?
Quote: He said he lives in JAX and likes the Mco base. Knowing he would have to commute a couple years he mentioned the ease at which he could do so out of JAX.

I don't see a bad answer there. It is pretty much exactly what I said in my interview.
I bet that was your answer to: "what bases you like?"
Not to: "why JetBlue?"
Quote: I bet that was your answer to: "what bases you like?"
Not to: "why JetBlue?"
That was only part of the answer, the end part at that. I don't see anything wrong with being honest but then again I didn't get the interview so what do I know. I actually live in between JAX and MCO. JetBlue worries about people using them as a stepping stone airline, they made that clear at Women in Aviation. So my rationale for answering that way was to let him know they weren't just the first airline to call, I actually want to be there. This is why I chose JetBlue over someone like Virgin or United. Not only do I love the culture, but the bases are also convenient making them my top choice carrier. My wife and I both grew up in this area and our families are here, we don't plan to move. JetBlue would allow me to have my cake and eat it too.
Quote: That was only part of the answer, the end part at that. I don't see anything wrong with being honest but then again I didn't get the interview so what do I know. I actually live in between JAX and MCO. JetBlue worries about people using them as a stepping stone airline, they made that clear at Women in Aviation. So my rationale for answering that way was to let him know they weren't just the first airline to call, I actually want to be there. This is why I chose JetBlue over someone like Virgin or United. Not only do I love the culture, but the bases are also convenient making them my top choice carrier. My wife and I both grew up in this area and our families are here, we don't plan to move. JetBlue would allow me to have my cake and eat it too.
I am sorry for the negative outcome. But I really don't see anything wrong with the rest of the answer, so that part must be it.
I was just trying to give my opinion on what made you fail, since you asked. And in my opinion during an interview, the commuting thing is not good to bring up voluntarily. Sorry it went that way. Believe me I want people here that think like you, no stones steppers.
Would those of you getting interview invites mind sharing qualifications? Just trying to see what the competitive numbers for this recent application window are...
Quote: I am sorry for the negative outcome. But I really don't see anything wrong with the rest of the answer, so that part must be it.
I was just trying to give my opinion on what made you fail, since you asked. And in my opinion during an interview, the commuting thing is not good to bring up voluntarily. Sorry it went that way. Believe me I want people here that think like you, no stones steppers.
It sucks getting your hopes up, but there will be another application window open up soon and I'll try again.
Quote: Sterling no longer does the back ground checks. Now it's a company called General Information Services, Inc. (GIS)
Here is the applicant contact info listed on their website:
Corporate Headquarters
917 Chapin Road
Post Office Box 353
Chapin SC 29036
Toll-free: 1-888-333-5696
Best of luck to everyone going through the process.
Interesting. That's good info.

Surely no love loss between B6 and Sterling. I know that the recruitment department was fed up with them as well.
Quote: Interesting. That's good info.

Surely no love loss between B6 and Sterling. I know that the recruitment department was fed up with them as well.
GIS seems to be doing their job expeditiously. In less than 2 weeks since I was tasked to provide info on their website (starting phase 2), my current employer had returned the requested info and I got the snail mail from the FAA showing what they reported (no surprises-ATP, CFI and Class 1)... So I think all that remains is verifying my college transcripts and DOT back ground check... I'm grateful the process seems to be moving along quickly as I've read over and over how slow Sterling was! Hopefully GIS will be quicker on completing the back ground checks, shortening time in the pool...
291  691  741  781  787  788  789  790  791  792  793  794  795  801  841  891  1291 
Page 791 of 1434
Go to