Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
32  82  122  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  136  142  182  232  632 
Page 132 of 783
Go to
Quote: Um, no, considering that I, and several other pilots here that I know, did not apply at ANY of those other airlines ... And I know at least one person who turned down interviews at one/more of the big companies you mentioned once he was hired here.
May be true a year or two ago but that is history. I'm talking about the present. Bet you're kicking yourself in the a$$, aren't you?!? Nobody willingly works for less, way less in this case, if given the choice. I don't care how much pot you can legally smoke on your days off.
Quote: You and one other dude? Case closed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see you are still upset you never got called ...

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/ma...ml#post1549820

Hiring window will open soon if you want to reapply!

Btw, you must not be good at math, as "you and one other dude" does not equal "several" that I quoted.

And, 2loud, nope, I do NOT kick myself for not applying anywhere else. We can make it better, definitely, but this is a great place to be. If you really hate it here that much, do you have your apps in at other places? Seriously ...
Quote: Has anyone heard about calls going out for classes past Feb 8th?
I was called earlier in the week to be placed on the alternate list for Feb. 8th. So background checks and pre-employment tests are in progress. Next class will "be announced soon."
Quote: I see you are still upset you never got called ...

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/ma...ml#post1549820

Hiring window will open soon if you want to reapply!

Btw, you must not be good at math, as "you and one other dude" does not equal "several" that I quoted.

And, 2loud, nope, I do NOT kick myself for not applying anywhere else. We can make it better, definitely, but this is a great place to be. If you really hate it here that much, do you have your apps in at other places? Seriously ...
I have to say, I like your attitude. Seriously. Give it a few more years, reality may settle in and you might actually see the true colors of this place. Make this place better? Only if you can cure cancer-Puzzle Palace Greed Cancer (PPGC) and Judas Pilot Cancer (JPC). Thought you might like the acronyms being a former mil type. Guys like you have a different view; an active duty retirement comes in handy especially working for a ultra low cost legacy carrier. How's it make you feel that your buds are making more on their 2nd year pay elsewhere than what guys here make on year 6?I know I know, you can't chase the $$$ but at some point, you have wake up and smell the green! With UAL's 2 year contract extension, this gap is about to get even bigger. Do I have my apps in? That's for me to know and you to find out. Enjoy deicing for less!
Quote: Kind of like a super model who turned into a 300 pound-cokehead-twice pregnant-pole dancer at the skankiest strip joint near a truck stop in the middle of North Dakota, frequented only by the most desperate horndogs.

I don't mean to interject, but I can't help but notice you're insinuating that North Dakota strippers are, by default location, below average. On the contrary, exotic dancing is a very lucrative pastime for young women in those oil towns.
F15Cricket: Been hearing "soon" since like July of last year. Do you happen to know any better details than that? Inquiring minds would love to know! Any info would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure by a number of people on here.
Quote: May be true a year or two ago but that is history. I'm talking about the present. Bet you're kicking yourself in the a$$, aren't you?!? Nobody willingly works for less, way less in this case, if given the choice. I don't care how much pot you can legally smoke on your days off.
I hate to tell you this, but money isn't everything. Guys like Cricket put a higher priority in life on family and QOL. There are some things money can't buy...time at home raising your kids instead of being a "Face Time" Dad.

I believe Cricket when he says AS was his first and only choice.
Quote: I see you are still upset you never got called ...

I often shake my head at your posts, but I have to acknowledge your research here. Yes, I did apply to AS. No, they never called. I would be lying, though, if I said I would've stayed there had they hired me first and then Delta called. Pick any one of a number of favorite Delta stereotypes easily found on this site, but the fact is despite any perceived negatives one might face at Delta, we have more variety of domiciles, aircraft types and flying both int'l and domestic.

At the end of the day, I have to wonder why they didn't call. At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself if you really want to fly a 737 for the next 25+ years. I hope the answer is yes, and I hope it's an honest one.

I think we are both happy where we are, and that's what's important.

P. S. Delta's better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I hate to tell you this, but money isn't everything. Guys like Cricket put a higher priority in life on family and QOL. There are some things money can't buy...time at home raising your kids instead of being a "Face Time" Dad.

I believe Cricket when he says AS was his first and only choice.
Only if you absolutely want/have to live in the PNW. That's about the only thing.....pilot domicile. What other QOL are you talking about? We fly a ton of all nighters, one of the lowest paid, 401k is mediocre, junior pairings are inefficient, trip trading is non existent, weakest pilot group in the industry, PBS on the way, but what could go wrong?
Quote: I was called earlier in the week to be placed on the alternate list for Feb. 8th. So background checks and pre-employment tests are in progress. Next class will "be announced soon."
Thanks for the update
32  82  122  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  136  142  182  232  632 
Page 132 of 783
Go to