Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
37  87  127  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  147  187  237  637 
Page 137 of 783
Go to
Just did my phone conversation as well. Same questions as Reactivity above, including 50 hours in the last month. She did mention that the application window was likely to open on 1 Feb. For those still waiting to hear from them, my timeline was:
Joined talent community 7 Jan
Email from Smartrecruiters saying Alaska has reviewed my resume 25 Jan
Phone chat email on 26 Jan
Phone chat 29 Jan
Quote: They messed up the question, then. Alaska has been pushing the 50-hrs last 12 months for a while. Gotta love HR folk sometimes
Along that same line, I would bet that the ATP written score question is only really supposed to be asked if the answer to, "Do you have an ATP?" is negative.
Quote: Along that same line, I would bet that the ATP written score question is only really supposed to be asked if the answer to, "Do you have an ATP?" is negative.
Probably. Hey, gotta give em a break. They're sorting through thousands of applications for 100 job openings. Atp written and hours in the last month might matter. Geez.
Quote: Probably. Hey, gotta give em a break. They're sorting through thousands of applications for 100 job openings. Atp written and hours in the last month might matter. Geez.
So what score should one have to work at Alaska? Most other airlines and air lines have way more applicants that positions and at most they require 100 hours in a year.
Quote: So what score should one have to work at Alaska? Most other airlines and air lines have way more applicants that positions and at most they require 100 hours in a year.
DT? Have only known one guy mention both spellings. I'm guessing a passing score is fine. Did you reach out to GC for a letter of recommendation?
A friend of mine talked to one of the AS chief pilots last week and got this.... The app window will open AROUND the first week of March. All current apps will be flushed. Good luck. Interviewing will start again sometime after that. Probably at or after the WIA in BNA. ( my guess) Current pool will fill classes through May. Then maybe approximately 100 more will be hired for the year. They will transition to some "talent community " Facebook/ linkedin like platform in the near future. It will allow you to update your info and quals more often.
also....SmartRecruiters does not differentiate info for Alaska or Horizon so you may see odd questions that dont apply to your application....The Talent Community concept will lump all applicants for all jobs into one entry point and then departments may call up who they need....same screening point for all lav dumpers to astronauts
Can anyone say which interview prep outfits are best for Alaska.
Quote: Can anyone say which interview prep outfits are best for Alaska.
Having done about 4 interview preps (2 for other airlines and 2 for Alaska) I can say without hesitation that Rainier Flight Service is your best bet. Even if you don't live in Seattle it's worth scheduling it so you can go out a day early and meet with them or a week or 2 early if that's better for you. They made all the difference for me. With most airlines it's about coming up with good stories and using the STAR method to answer questions. And that's important at Alaska too, but it's more critical at Alaska to know the nuances of the particular airline and what they're looking for in an applicant/answers. Rainier is run by 2 Alaska guys and they employ a couple others to help. They REALLY know what's going on. I have no dog in the fight but can't recommend them enough. Good luck!
Quote: Can anyone say which interview prep outfits are best for Alaska.
I've recommended about a dozen guys to Emerald Coast and all have been hired. Pretty solid operation.
37  87  127  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  147  187  237  637 
Page 137 of 783
Go to