Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
204  604  654  694  700  701  702  703  704  705  706  707  708  714  754 
Page 704 of 783
Go to
Quote: Anybody know if its common to get called for an earlier class date? Are lots of guys dropping out and opening up slots?
If you want to do that, reach out and let them know, and let them know your availability.

At my regional, we had a guy in our new hire class who was a local CFI and was in the pool (6+ month wait)... he had literally been showing up every Monday they started an indoc, and somebody no-showed our class so he got a seat.
Quote: Check your PM’s…
Any chance you wanna send me some info as well? I also got some other questions and unfortunately none of my buddies fly for Alaska.
Quote: If you want to do that, reach out and let them know, and let them know your availability.

At my regional, we had a guy in our new hire class who was a local CFI and was in the pool (6+ month wait)... he had literally been showing up every Monday they started an indoc, and somebody no-showed our class so he got a seat.
I was told at interview to expect a Nov class. Told them I’ll take earlier classes if they are available and they offered a October class a few weeks later.
Quote: Any chance you wanna send me some info as well? I also got some other questions and unfortunately none of my buddies fly for Alaska.
You're welcome to post your questions here and get answers. Chances are someone else has the same question and will help them out too.
Quote: I was told at interview to expect a Nov class. Told them I’ll take earlier classes if they are available and they offered a October class a few weeks later.
When did you interview?
Quote: When did you interview?
Interviewed on 8/25
Quote: Interviewed on 8/25
Ok. I interviewed this past week and got a Dec class. I’ll email and state I am available earlier. Thanks!
Quote: If you want to do that, reach out and let them know, and let them know your availability.

I reached out to onboarding to confirm they know I am available ASAP. Thank you!
Quote: You're welcome to post your questions here and get answers. Chances are someone else has the same question and will help them out too.
I suppose.

What are the lines like these days?

Tons of red eye/transcon?

Or is it a fairly low proportion to the rest of the flying?

I assume this changes per base, If so how do trips look from one base to another?

What are reserve work rules like? And how long are junior folks typically on reserve before holding a line.

I assume CA bases are junior?

General QOL stuff?

What can you expect from the hiring process? Interview etc.

What are some of the cons?

I’ve got more but I’ll start there.
Lifelong PNW/AK person, really really really want to work here. 2200TT, 1000 turbine PIC, ATP written. What can I be doing to stand out?
204  604  654  694  700  701  702  703  704  705  706  707  708  714  754 
Page 704 of 783
Go to