FedEx Hiring

Subscribe
13  63  103  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  123  163  213 
Page 113 of 334
Go to
Quote: If the guy you're talking about came from Omni I know who it is...I am in the same position he was, our resumes are so similar just hoping it works out for me too!
What is your TPIC time? I think FedEx still very much wants to see 1000 TPIC (unless you're in the demographically gifted crowd). It's too bad it's not like the old days with the meet & greets.

I've got a few friends close to hiring over there and it is definitely a combination they are looking for at this time (767/757, Total, TPIC). But I'm sure like all things in this industry, it will elvove down the road. If you can upgrade at Omni, that might be a good idea for bettering your qualifications. As you said before in other threads, a 767 type may not mean jack...unless it's combined with some other qualifications.
Quote: What is your TPIC time? I think FedEx still very much wants to see 1000 TPIC (unless you're in the demographically gifted crowd). It's too bad it's not like the old days with the meet & greets.

I've got a few friends close to hiring over there and it is definitely a combination they are looking for at this time (767/757, Total, TPIC). But I'm sure like all things in this industry, it will elvove down the road. If you can upgrade at Omni, that might be a good idea for bettering your qualifications. As you said before in other threads, a 767 type may not mean jack...unless it's combined with some other qualifications.
I'm on edge as to whether 50 hrs a month is better than 20 TPIC a month...either way I suppose I look like a part timer on paper! I agree, I need to change something. Though I am willing to move the entire family to Hong Kong, that's gotta count for something!

I believe the guy I know who got hired did so with no Jet TPIC and none on the 767 (I believe he just finished upgrade training and was whisked away). Granted he has turboprop PIC so that probably was enough to do the trick (makes no difference in my opinion but you never know about computers/recruiters). Maybe there's hope!
Yeah, I imagine TPIC is still pretty heavily weighted even though I think now it says it is preferred instead of required on the app correct?

In any event, time on the 757/767, and being up for the move to CGN/HKG, are two very good things to have on your app.

EMBflyer, I meant to say - I do not know of interviewing is still taking place before peak, but I don't see how not, with the undermanned situation we seem to be in. I can see the actual hiring stopping soon, until after peak.

Good luck!
B757/767 typed and current, 4500tt, TPIC, 4 year degree, 2 internal recs, no call.

I'm going in and updating my application weekly and attached a cover letter highlighting my willingness to move overseas.

I'm guessing I'm a little light on total time but not sure if it might be something else I'm overlooking.
Quote: B757/767 typed and current, 4500tt, TPIC, 4 year degree, 2 internal recs, no call.

I'm going in and updating my application weekly and attached a cover letter highlighting my willingness to move overseas.

I'm guessing I'm a little light on total time but not sure if it might be something else I'm overlooking.
Do you have 1000+ TPIC?
5800 total, 400 tpic, 1100 B747, tons of volunteer, three interal recs, job fair, 4 year degree... Nada.
Would LOVE to get a call, being patient and updating, trying to figure out what else would help.
Not sure FDX would be my first choice!
Brutal schedules and night hub turns for 20+ years will take it's toll on you. Abuse by scheduling, will not be worth the pain and suffering!
Hey guys, just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. Just shy of 11000tt, currently left seat in the 757 and a sim instructor, 2 job fairs,1 internal rec, willing to FDA and can't get a phone call. Not sure what the magic formula is but good luck to all of you. Hope to see you in a class in the not too distant future.
Are they even calling people for interview? I haven't heard of anyone being called.
Latest from KD as of a few weeks ago was they were winding down for peak but would be full speed again after the first of the year. Maybe they quit interviewing the last quarter of the year?

Quote: Are they even calling people for interview? I haven't heard of anyone being called.
13  63  103  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  123  163  213 
Page 113 of 334
Go to