Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
1248  1748  2148  2198  2238  2244  2245  2246  2247  2248  2249  2250  2251  2252  2258  2298  2348 
Page 2248 of 2545
Go to
What negotiating capital? This is not industry standard. Shouldn’t take much at all. I can’t think of another regional that uses line holders (borrowers in your case) as permanent reserves.
Quote: What negotiating capital? This is not industry standard. Shouldn’t take much at all. I can’t think of another regional that uses line holders (borrowers in your case) as permanent reserves.

Thank you!
Quote: What negotiating capital? This is not industry standard. Shouldn’t take much at all. I can’t think of another regional that uses line holders (borrowers in your case) as permanent reserves.
It's how Delta does it. And, it doesn't matter what other people do. If we want contractual protections to this, we would have to give them something.
Every airline does this. When you're the one swapped from a sweet overnight, it does suck, but it actually is industry standard.

It's not written into any CBA as an allowable practice, but it is not disallowed in any CBA.
It is definitely industry standard. Now if you want to get some extra money for the reroute/displacement/25.i reassignment you can negotiate that. Some carriers have extra pay for reroutes, some do not. Certainly in the last few years, as management has figured out how to optimize schedules, pilots have pushed back with soft pay to make it worth their while.

Now maybe that's what you're getting at, and that's fine, but acting like pilots bought tickets to ride in the back of the plane and it's schedule or bust was not the norm. Some airlines, including regionals, tried very hard to create that, but it never really works and reserve levels shoot through the roof. So if you've got 200 captains and 40 reserve you can count on 100-120 pilot extra on reserve, which really means 100 less lineholders. The edv/mesaba contract has always been about days off at home and as many lineholders as possible.

Do what you want, it's your contract, just be careful how you push the levers.
It doesn’t matter what’s in other airlines contracts, if it’s not in yours it’s going to take negotiating capital to get it there. The only items that don’t take negotiating capital are items that are in the best interest of both the company and the association.
Speaking of Trip and Duty Rigs, what's the hold up?

Nobody else tired of three hour sits at outstations?
Quote: Another thing to realize is, as soon as Flica allows it, reserves drop days until the grid is red. There is little chance of dropping something during the month.
The grid is always red. I can count on one hand the number of days I have seen green in the past year.
Quote: Speaking of Trip and Duty Rigs, what's the hold up?

Nobody else tired of three hour sits at outstations?
I haven’t had any 3+ hour sits in a while. When I have a 2 or so hour sit it’s always in a hub. Could be different on the 200
Quote: The grid is always red. I can count on one hand the number of days I have seen green in the past year.
Reserves are dropping days all the time though.
1248  1748  2148  2198  2238  2244  2245  2246  2247  2248  2249  2250  2251  2252  2258  2298  2348 
Page 2248 of 2545
Go to