Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
1293  1793  2193  2243  2283  2289  2290  2291  2292  2293  2294  2295  2296  2297  2303  2343  2393 
Page 2293 of 2545
Go to
For some reason, DTW always has great base management. Mike M. was the best manager I have ever worked for, that's the reason the company downsized his position.
Quote: My reasons for terrible and the company’s reasons for terrible are two completely different things. The gentlemen I’m talking about is a regular CF Jr. so he probably would be gold in the eyes of the company.
OMG I've been totally waiting for someone to bring up CF.

Qualities that I like to see in a CP:
  1. Not CF
Quote: For some reason, DTW always has great base management. Mike M. was the best manager I have ever worked for.
Fully agree. He was actually on the pilots’ side. Even answered the phone and returned calls. But that’s probably why they didn’t like him. Now chiefs/assistant chiefs/base managers are just extensions of management, trying to police everyone instead of help.

Nothing against the new CVG Chief, never met her and she seems to have accomplished a lot outside of aviation; but when a captain has a real-world on-the-line question, she won’t be able to draw from real-world experience. And that, I blame on whoever appointed her.
Quote: OMG I've been totally waiting for someone to bring up CF.

1. Not CF

two letters. PN.
Quote: OMG I've been totally waiting for someone to bring up CF.

1. Not CF
As in MSP CF?
Quote: For some reason, DTW always has great base management. Mike M. was the best manager I have ever worked for, that's the reason the company downsized his position.
Mike M was a really great guy, I remember we even had a GoFundMe for him when he was given the "not really a choice" to take a position always on the road or leave the company.
Quote: As in MSP CF?
He does go to bat for the pilots!

we have senior Duty pilots who can answer many questions. No need to call CP’s for operational questions
Quote: two letters. PN.
No comment....
Quote: He does go to bat for the pilots!

we have senior Duty pilots who can answer many questions. No need to call CP’s for operational questions
I have had the opposite of good experiences with duty pilots. They are not our friends. They are management pilots, plain and simple. They've basically been an extension of the CP's and not a great resource for us. Ymmv, but this has been a systematic issue according to the reps I've talked too.
Quote: I have had the opposite of good experiences with duty pilots. They are not our friends. They are management pilots, plain and simple. They've basically been an extension of the CP's and not a great resource for us. Ymmv, but this has been a systematic issue according to the reps I've talked too.
Yeah, that's a pretty good way of putting it. The CP's job, imo, is to be the liaison between the pilots and management. Duty pilots are pretty much the same thing, except they can help expedite things you may need on the road. They have been helpful in helping me navigate some 117 issues and the Rockwell Collins GPS glitch that happened over the summer.

Approach them as you would management, and you'll be fine. We have union resources at our disposal, so use them.
1293  1793  2193  2243  2283  2289  2290  2291  2292  2293  2294  2295  2296  2297  2303  2343  2393 
Page 2293 of 2545
Go to