Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
1295  1795  2195  2245  2285  2291  2292  2293  2294  2295  2296  2297  2298  2299  2305  2345  2395 
Page 2295 of 2545
Go to
Quote: yeah he got handed that one because he was a pay guy for the union for a while. The guy did a lot for pilots, so much I'd need to see any of it to believe it.

Normally I'd tell you to give him some sort of gentle ribbing but he got sorta serious and takes that CP job serious. Even reminds you he's a CP in conversations while you're talking about other work crap. That's not to say he's bad or power tripping, he's just not the fun guy I remember.

Life bites us all boys and girls, keep in mind he did an awful lot of union volunteer work that required dedication and competancy before he went management. The old CF is in there somewhere. Encourage him to go back and fight for the angels again.
He may have been a good union guy, but he is a crap CP. Its possible to be pro-pilot and be a good manager. It’s called leadership.
Quote: He may have been a good union guy, but he is a crap CP. Its possible to be pro-pilot and be a good manager. It’s called leadership.
Eh, if what ur saying is true, and I openly doubt it because of the good he's done in the past, he's probably walking backwards out of the office slowly and returning to flying.

If CF ain't happy he ain't the type to stick around because it's a good gig.
It is too late for a pilot issue form. It's good to know, though, that he has a good history with the union and some good interactions with pilots as a CP.
In other news, so much for junior manning and credit pushes this summer...
Quote: In other news, so much for junior manning and credit pushes this summer...
I expect domestic flying will re-surge in 3-6 months, international however, will take years to recover. Movement here will probably slow, I expect Delta to stop hiring for at least a year.
Quote: In other news, so much for junior manning and credit pushes this summer...
yep. Delta hiring freeze incoming and somewhat drastic reduction in flight schedule
The Endeavor profile page says 401k match is 100% up to 12.5% is that correct? I put in 12.5%, and they match it?
Quote: The Endeavor profile page says 401k match is 100% up to 12.5% is that correct? I put in 12.5%, and they match it?
If you work here for twenty years, then yeah, sure.

It's a 3% match for the first five years. The match doesn't fully vest until five years. It's a slow, gradual march over five-year brackets to 12.5% from there.
CDC say's over 60 should avoid travel...that's me....how to spin this to stay home and still get paid....hmm
Quote: Yep. He came to recurrent class in place of TW, told us that "latency is always the pilot's fault," then told us that we should never drop the brake until we're about to push. He said that he'd rather have us out ten late than have us take a latency hit, even if the door is closed and the cockpit and cabin are ready to go. Ramp blocked? Too bad. Tug broke? Too bad.

​​​​​
I can also confirm dealing with this guy has not always been pleasant. I got a few phone calls from this guy about things I chose to do as PIC. One was to add a precautionary ALT due to the metar trending towards IFR at one of our hubs, and the other was that I reopened the door for a group of doctors going to a cancer clinic. Common sense and doing the right thing do not come to my mind with my interactions with this guy.
1295  1795  2195  2245  2285  2291  2292  2293  2294  2295  2296  2297  2298  2299  2305  2345  2395 
Page 2295 of 2545
Go to