New Mesa Thread

Subscribe
15  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  35  75  125  525 
Page 25 of 639
Go to
Quote: I guess y'all are just planning for a
lifelong career at Mesa huh?
I have seven years to age 65. My choices are limited at this point. Additionally, my choice to stay at Mesa or go to a mainline carrier has nothing to do with people voting "no" just to make a point.

What I am saying is that we need to evaluate what is actually in this contract before making up our minds. Open minds progress, closed minds shut down opportunity.
By the way deltajuliet, thank you for your condolences.
Nobody is saying that you should promise to vote no without seeing it. Now I have no idea how things are on the line at Mesa because I don't work there. It does seem, however, that most people on APC are yes voters without actually having seen it. This is just as unfortunate as being a solid no voter without having seen it.
On line it seems most people are a solid no at this point, others can chime in. I want to see what's in it first.
Quote: Nobody is saying that you should promise to vote no without seeing it. Now I have no idea how things are on the line at Mesa because I don't work there. It does seem, however, that most people on APC are yes voters without actually having seen it. This is just as unfortunate as being a solid no voter without having seen it.
I have not heard anyone say they are voting yes without knowing the contents of the contract. However, there are plenty of people saying no that have not seen it.
Quote: On line it seems most people are a solid no at this point, others can chime in. I want to see what's in it first.
My point exactly. How can anyone say they are voting no without knowing the details of the contract? The same goes for voting yes.
Does it look like the newer guys outnumber the lifers? I think that will have an impact on the vote as well.
Quote: I have not heard anyone say they are voting yes without knowing the contents of the contract. However, there are plenty of people saying no that have not seen it.
Have you not been on this forum in the last 2 weeks? The last two pages of this thread is the first time I've heard any Mesa pilot say the words no and contract in the same sentence.
Quote: They say Houston is pretty awful. No desire to live there, but commuting is equally awful.
Quote: No freakin joke. I think in the four months I did the east coast to IAH commute I aged 4 years.

Houston is not a great place to live, way too spread out, nothing much to do, etc.
Lived in Woodlands/Spring area for almost 6 years and have had a blast. There's plenty to do unless block parties, crawfish boils, etc are not your thing. Montgomery county schools are some of the best in the nation. No state income tax, no personal property tax, and I play golf 12 months a year. I drive 25 minutes to the parking lot (we all share the same lot) so low stress.

Don't base your judgement by what you see around IAH. It's hot as balls here but that is what air-conditioning, pools, and cold beer are for.
Quote: Lived in Woodlands/Spring area for almost 6 years and have had a blast. There's plenty to do unless block parties, crawfish boils, etc are not your thing. Montgomery county schools are some of the best in the nation. No state income tax, no personal property tax, and I play golf 12 months a year. I drive 25 minutes to the parking lot (we all share the same lot) so low stress.

Don't base your judgement by what you see around IAH. It's hot as balls here but that is what air-conditioning, pools, and cold beer are for.
Way too humid in Houston for me man, and I'm a Dallas guy born and raised haha. Is IAH pretty junior at UAL?
15  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  35  75  125  525 
Page 25 of 639
Go to