Allegiant Air

Subscribe
11  51  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  71  111  161  561 
Page 61 of 637
Go to
How much attrition at Allegiant?
From the numbers I saw before I left, about 50 last year. I would say the same or more this year.

It's been going up every year for the last three or four years.
Capt. Kinzer on GMA this morning
Allegiant fires Capt. K for creating bad publicity.....
Wonder what they are thinking now?

Good piece on GMA aired just after 0730 EDT this morning.
Hope the good Captain gets em' for a BOAT LOAD in his suit.$$$$

Pilot Files Wrongful-Termination Lawsuit Against Allegiant Air Video - ABC News
A bit of insight to the Allegiant environment:

http://m.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/allegiant-pilot-files-lawsuit-over-being-fired-emergency-landing
Quote: Allegiant fires Capt. K for creating bad publicity.....
Wonder what they are thinking now?

Good piece on GMA aired just after 0730 EDT this morning.
Hope the good Captain gets em' for a BOAT LOAD in his suit.$$$$

Pilot Files Wrongful-Termination Lawsuit Against Allegiant Air Video - ABC News
wow.. the ignorance of management. Of course watching the video after the fact you can tell the jet wasn't on fire, but the Captain has no external view during the scenario and all he has is a cabin crew reporting a burning smell and a ground crew reporting smoke. I'd make the same decision with that same information, don't know anyone who wouldn't.
Quote: The Review-Journal has documented more than 20 emergency landings and aborted takeoffs by Allegiant this year
...wait, WHAT?
Normally the standing company comment for any company is "we don't comment on pending litigation " but with all the bad press lately maybe they will have something to say.

My feeling is the company made a bad decision and should have used the event as a training scenario assuming the crew made a bad call which has yet to be proven in my opinion. But heaven forbid an actual evacuation is required and the crew fails to act out of job reprisal fear that will be the end of allegiant.

Airlines have captains to make decisions on the items that don't necessarily appear in a company manual or things that aren't exactly covered in training. Otherwise we wouldn't need captains, we would just have 'operators '.

It seems to me with the limited known information that the company made a bad decision. Good luck making your case to a jury. I see the company wanting to settle this quick.
Who was calling them on the radio, telling them (the crew) to hold off on the evacuation?
Quote: Who was calling them on the radio, telling them (the crew) to hold off on the evacuation?
Good question. Now assume you are the captain in that situation. What do you do?
What really galls me is the ignoramus on the radio telling him to "hold the evacuation."

What a **** bag operation seriously ...looks like SMS is doing alot of good here.
11  51  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  71  111  161  561 
Page 61 of 637
Go to