New Envoy Information

Subscribe
104  154  194  200  201  202  203  204  205  206  207  208  214  254  304 
Page 204 of 690
Go to
New hires. Looks like 6 today 5 to 175 1 to crj
Quote: New hires. Looks like 6 today 5 to 175 1 to crj
Six... The flow is just sucking them in, huh?
Quote: Six... The flow is just sucking them in, huh?
It is going to take management to continue making changes for the better for people to come here. They hurt Envoy's image for a long time trying to get us to sign the contract. They have a long way to go to restoring the reputation they helped destroy, flow or no flow.
Could start easy by following our black and white document bargained in good faith by our peers. Maybe, just maybe, that would improve their image.
if they want more then 6 newhires they need to do what they should have done back in the early 90's onelist... problem solved..
Quote: if they want more then 6 newhires they need to do what they should have done back in the early 90's onelist... problem solved..
One list with who ?
Quote: It is going to take management to continue making changes for the better for people to come here. They hurt Envoy's image for a long time trying to get us to sign the contract. They have a long way to go to restoring the reputation they helped destroy, flow or no flow.
From the perspective of a new hire, these forums hurt Envoy's reputation. I truly understand that this is a place where discussions are to be had, but after reading the countless posts of unfettered bickering about ... nothing, it really makes Envoy look bad to the unknowing.

I work at one of Envoys partner schools, we also have partnerships setup with other airlines and I can tell that by far Envoy has the worst reputation in the eyes of my peers. Because we see a lot of posts on here saying Envoy should increase their pay, lower their reserve time etc. to get new hires in the door. Well, word on the "streets" no one wants to go there is because as a pilot group/company the image that you put forth on here is that of a dysfunctional angry group. I do not mean to imply that but to us outsiders (CFIs and other potential hires) it looks like a hot mess none of us wants a part of.

Let's be honest, this is the generation of "what can you do for me". The contract airline that gives up the goods will get the newbs.
- Higher pay
- Shiny Jets
-A cool base or extremely commutable
-And a good attitude toward a dumb new guy
Yes in that order, we're ( as a whole) shallow.
This generation needs to be hugged all the way up to inking the deal. After that do what you like to them. Just take away their social networks if you're gonna treat them bad

But I digress. Bottom line most of the prospective hires come to forums like this to get information. We'll read 20 pages of posts and get 1 to 2 pieces of useful information and 75 posts of how the flow won't work, how crappy it is to work there, how your contract is violated on a regular basis and how you can't get new hires. I personally want to work for Envoy. I have met a few of your pilots, one a good friend and think very highly of. But if this forum is where you choose to air your dirty laundry you're only hurting yourselves. I don't blame management for putting fake posters on here. They may be the only reason you're getting the 5-6 new hires and not fewer. Additionally, if I understand it correctly, the only way the flow works is to get new people through the door. If it were me and I worked at Envoy, I'd be cheerleading the heck out of it just to move my seniority number. And then once I got them in there, change the culture from a poo poo on the company, to do the best you can with what you have. Not that you're not doing that now. But to the layman reading these forums you are.

My $0.02
Quote: One list with who ?
With AA. It was pushed for in the late 90's early 2000's. But was a bad time as you know..
Quote: From the perspective of a new hire, these forums hurt Envoy's reputation. I truly understand that this is a place where discussions are to be had, but after reading the countless posts of unfettered bickering about ... nothing, it really makes Envoy look bad to the unknowing.

I work at one of Envoys partner schools, we also have partnerships setup with other airlines and I can tell that by far Envoy has the worst reputation in the eyes of my peers. Because we see a lot of posts on here saying Envoy should increase their pay, lower their reserve time etc. to get new hires in the door. Well, word on the "streets" no one wants to go there is because as a pilot group/company the image that you put forth on here is that of a dysfunctional angry group. I do not mean to imply that but to us outsiders (CFIs and other potential hires) it looks like a hot mess none of us wants a part of.

Let's be honest, this is the generation of "what can you do for me". The contract airline that gives up the goods will get the newbs.
- Higher pay
- Shiny Jets
This generation needs to be hugged all the way up to inking the deal. After that do what you like to them. Just take away their social networks if you're gonna treat them bad

But I digress. Bottom line most of the prospective hires come to forums like this to get information. We'll read 20 pages of posts and get 1 to 2 pieces of useful information and 75 posts of how the flow won't work, how crappy it is to work there, how your contract is violated on a regular basis and how you can't get new hires. I personally want to work for Envoy. I have met a few of your pilots, one a good friend and think very highly of. But if this forum is where you choose to air your dirty laundry you're only hurting yourselves. I don't blame management for putting fake posters on here. They may be the only reason you're getting the 5-6 new hires and not fewer. Additionally, if I understand it correctly, the only way the flow works is to get new people through the door. If it were me and I worked at Envoy, I'd be cheerleading the heck out of it just to move my seniority number. And then once I got them in there, change the culture from a poo poo on the company, to do the best you can with what you have. Not that you're not doing that now. But to the layman reading these forums you are.

My $0.02
While I appreciate the opinion of someone outside of the 121 world, I respectfully disagree. If you've read these forums enough, you would know that it's not current envoy employees who bash the company. It's former employees who are bitter at being chewed up and spit out by AMR/AAG the past couple of years AND pilots from other companies who are trying to disgrace a rival company in the hopes of preventing new-hires from going there. It's funny how others care so much of our flow that they feel the need to bash it! Meanwhile, on the jumpseat, many tell us that they wish they had it...I wonder why?

There's really no more to it. I don't know of any "fake posters" by management on here (although conspiracy theorists will tell you otherwise.) The flow agreements are not contingent on new-hires coming here (again, the conspiracy theorists will tell you otherwise.) That's all. There's plenty of credible information on this website from people who are familiar with certain companies and plenty of BS information from people who are clueless. You don't see me posting all over Republic, Skywest, TSA, GoJet's page do you? Take a guess why...
Quote: From the perspective of a new hire, these forums hurt Envoy's reputation. I truly understand that this is a place where discussions are to be had, but after reading the countless posts of unfettered bickering about ... nothing, it really makes Envoy look bad to the unknowing.

- Higher pay
- Shiny Jets

My $0.02
Love it! I couldn't agree more! And not just towards Envoy but lots of other regionals as well.
I know some pilots have the belief that management realizes the pilots are the best PR for the company (good and bad) and they have a duty to voice their opinions to keep new hires away until their pay/QOL/whatever is improved. That's just ridiculous and I think management as well as new hires would respond positively to an improvement in the mood and quality of discussions on forums.
104  154  194  200  201  202  203  204  205  206  207  208  214  254  304 
Page 204 of 690
Go to