New Envoy Information

Subscribe
151  201  241  247  248  249  250  251  252  253  254  255  261  301  351 
Page 251 of 690
Go to
Quote:
All of this could happen just as much as you could flow in 6 years.
Agreed, and coming to envoy isn't for everyone. For those who live in or close to dfw/ord I think it's a good place to go. Quality of life when you're in or close to base is not bad at all but the further you live, the worse it is. All things considered it's not a bad place if you're young enough to wait out the flow.
Quote: There aren't "other factors" that control flow rates. It's contractual. If hired today, the maximum wait to flow is 6 years. Realistically, you'll flow in 5 1/2.
You've got FO's on reserve for 4 years now.
I'm less then a year and a half and have a line. So 4 year fo's is by choice. Why not fly 15 hours and get paid for 80+ with a little ot pick up.
Quote: You've got FO's on reserve for 4 years now.

Wrong. August '15 hires are holding lines in ORD. The shrinking and stagnation period is over, for now.

We've got issues here, schedules and reserve rules need to be improved, as a start. But it's a lot better now than it was last year. I expect that trend to continue as long as the shortage of pilots pressures management to value the employees they have more.
Quote: Wrong. August '15 hires are holding lines in ORD. The shrinking and stagnation period is over, for now.

We've got issues here, schedules and reserve rules need to be improved, as a start. But it's a lot better now than it was last year. I expect that trend to continue as long as the shortage of pilots pressures management to value the employees they have more.
Well he isn't wrong that there 4 year FO's in fact there's some 7 or 8 year fos too. However, it is by choice. Being home nearly every night is a major bonus to senior reserve. Make what you can out of this place and it's not bad at all.
Quote: Agreed, and coming to envoy isn't for everyone. For those who live in or close to dfw/ord I think it's a good place to go. Quality of life when you're in or close to base is not bad at all but the further you live, the worse it is. All things considered it's not a bad place if you're young enough to wait out the flow.

Hell, I live in DFW and I'm based in ORD. It still isn't great until you sacrifice your personal life for x number of years until you can hold DFW. You can thank AAG for their personal choice regarding the matter.
Quote: There aren't "other factors" that control flow rates. It's contractual. If hired today, the maximum wait to flow is 6 years. Realistically, you'll flow in 5 1/2.
Yes there are. Any number of external forces could stop the flow, geopolitical, economic or other. Internally, there are too and in fact one is about to commence, that being the Letter T situation, resulting in stoppage, but for now, AAG is metering a handful monthly.

The time frames you represent are simply present estimates and that is fact.
Quote: Wrong. August '15 hires are holding lines in ORD. The shrinking and stagnation period is over, for now.

What's the junior lineholder EMJ DFW?
Get over the flow, it will work as aag wants it to work.
You folks are not changing anything.
Any dumb shi+ wants to come here for flow, feel free, just don't bi+ch like Bruce Jenner.
Quote: Hell, I live in DFW and I'm based in ORD. It still isn't great until you sacrifice your personal life for x number of years until you can hold DFW. You can thank AAG for their personal choice regarding the matter.
Yeah man that sucks. I've been there, commuting out of one base to another...not fun. At the end of the day I'm young enough to put up with it and I know the light at the end of the tunnel is bright. To each their own, maybe my tolerance for putting up with bs is higher then most, but I'm happy with my lot in life and the career path I'm on.
151  201  241  247  248  249  250  251  252  253  254  255  261  301  351 
Page 251 of 690
Go to