JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
323  823  1223  1273  1313  1319  1320  1321  1322  1323  1324  1325  1326  1327  1333  1373 
Page 1323 of 1383
Go to
Quote: If you have seniority and can give those trips away on the trade board, you’ll clean up on VDA….especially in the summer. Big credit
I plan on doing VDA on those off days. We shall see if I get called or not lol
Quote: I plan on doing VDA on those off days. We shall see if I get called or not lol
It’s seniority based, so not that likely if you’re new. The very senior guys have been making a small fortune via our new pairings… but I guess it still saves the company money?
Quote: I plan on doing VDA on those off days. We shall see if I get called or not lol
Just be cognizant of the fact that a labor dispute is looming, likely to occur in the very short term. Legal disclaimer: I’m not advocating one way or another about picking up VDAs during a labor dispute, just wanted to make sure you were aware that it’s likely coming, and soon.
Quote: Gosh, if only there were a way to motivate crews to save every penny of fuel (or other costs) that hey could. Some kind of program where any extra dollar of profit generated by the crew going above and beyond was shared with them. It would hqve to be a meaningful amount though.

Hmm. Maybe they should set up a task force to look at it.

if only. Hmmmm what to do what to do
Quote: Just be cognizant of the fact that a labor dispute is looming, likely to occur in the very short term. Legal disclaimer: I’m not advocating one way or another about picking up VDAs during a labor dispute, just wanted to make sure you were aware that it’s likely coming, and soon.
people who pick up vda during a labor dispute are scum of the earth.
Quote: people who pick up vda during a labor dispute are scum of the earth.
Good luck, that concept is Lost on this pilot group. It will be hard enough to get this pilot group not to pick up straight pay trips above their bid lines let alone not to VDA.
Quote: Good luck, that concept is Lost on this pilot group. It will be hard enough to get this pilot group not to pick up straight pay trips above their bid lines let alone not to VDA.
I know… weakest pilot group I have ever seen.
Quote: people who pick up vda during a labor dispute are scum of the earth.
You're not wrong.
Quote: Good luck, that concept is Lost on this pilot group. It will be hard enough to get this pilot group not to pick up straight pay trips above their bid lines let alone not to VDA.
You have this opinion because you are a local. Half the airline is commuters. Commuters don't have access to VDA/RSA like you locals, generally, so the only way they can add pay is to pick up straight open time. Of course you guys don't like that because if the open time gets picked up, they won't have to pay premium at the last minute to the locals.

You want the commuters to give up their only (generally) lever to add pay, so that you locals can jack your own checks to the moon. Under the current system, there is no way for both groups to win.
Quote: You have this opinion because you are a local. Half the airline is commuters. Commuters don't have access to VDA/RSA like you locals, generally, so the only way they can add pay is to pick up straight open time. Of course you guys don't like that because if the open time gets picked up, they won't have to pay premium at the last minute to the locals.

You want the commuters to give up their only (generally) lever to add pay, so that you locals can jack your own checks to the moon. Under the current system, there is no way for both groups to win.
Idk almost every CPT I’ve flown with ends up picking up a day turn at the end of a trip to pad their monthly credit.
323  823  1223  1273  1313  1319  1320  1321  1322  1323  1324  1325  1326  1327  1333  1373 
Page 1323 of 1383
Go to